SIP-based contender to Skype - Project Gizmo

Old July 5th 05, 01:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Paul Cupis

Default SIP-based contender to Skype - Project Gizmo

http://www.gizmoproject.com
http://www.sipphone.com

Looks like we have a user friendly skype-type system coming out, which
is based on SIP rather than a proprietory protocol...
Old July 6th 05, 03:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Josh!

"Paul Cupis" wrote in message
http://www.gizmoproject.com
http://www.sipphone.com

Looks like we have a user friendly skype-type system coming out, which
is based on SIP rather than a proprietory protocol...

Tried registering for this last night, it kept asking me for a security
number??????

Old July 6th 05, 04:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Josh!

wrote in message
On Wed, 6 Jul 2005 15:01:36 +0100, "Josh!" wrote:

"Paul Cupis" wrote in message
http://www.gizmoproject.com
http://www.sipphone.com

Looks like we have a user friendly skype-type system coming out, which
is based on SIP rather than a proprietory protocol...

Tried registering for this last night, it kept asking me for a security
number??????

I registered ok but couldn't get it to work I do have a standard
account with Sipphone which is working ok .

Oh, do you need an account with sip phone to start using it?

Old July 6th 05, 11:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Josh!

wrote in message
On Wed, 6 Jul 2005 16:09:22 +0100, "Josh!" wrote:

. ..

"Paul Cupis" wrote in message
http://www.gizmoproject.com
http://www.sipphone.com

Looks like we have a user friendly skype-type system coming out, which
is based on SIP rather than a proprietory protocol...

Tried registering for this last night, it kept asking me for a security
number??????

I registered ok but couldn't get it to work I do have a standard
account with Sipphone which is working ok .

Oh, do you need an account with sip phone to start using it?

No no no I just do not see the point of Sipphone starting this when
they have a perfectly good sip service in operation now , you do not
need a Sipfone account to use the Gismo thingy .

Whats the security number it asks me for during the install process? I
cannot get past that point as I don't have a code to put into the box. The
box to the left of it is totally grey. Any ideas?