asterisk @ Home - Help Please?

Old July 5th 05, 04:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
RH

Default asterisk @ Home - Help Please?

Any Asterisk @ Home gurus out there?

Install the system for the first time, and I was super duper impressed,
installed and ran first time, no issues with linux.

But I do have some problems I have not even tried linking to the outside
world yet as I have had problems with extensions.

I have created SIP extensions and have the units registered (SJPHONE ,
PA1688 based phones) but they then do nothing, they can't call each other
and can not call the echoline test.

Anyone know what I might be doing wrong?

Or does anyone offer configuration over the web at a reasonable rate?

Old July 5th 05, 06:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Steve

"RH" wrote in message
Any Asterisk @ Home gurus out there?

Install the system for the first time, and I was super duper impressed,
installed and ran first time, no issues with linux.

But I do have some problems I have not even tried linking to the outside
world yet as I have had problems with extensions.

I have created SIP extensions and have the units registered (SJPHONE ,
PA1688 based phones) but they then do nothing, they can't call each other
and can not call the echoline test.

Anyone know what I might be doing wrong?

Or does anyone offer configuration over the web at a reasonable rate?

Have you tried logging into the Asterisk console, try 'asterisk -vvvvvvvr'
and see what's displayed when you try and call from one phone to the other,
the phones not working could be any number of things.

Steve

Old July 5th 05, 06:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ian

"RH" wrote in message
Any Asterisk @ Home gurus out there?

Install the system for the first time, and I was super duper impressed,
installed and ran first time, no issues with linux.

But I do have some problems I have not even tried linking to the outside
world yet as I have had problems with extensions.

I have created SIP extensions and have the units registered (SJPHONE ,
PA1688 based phones) but they then do nothing, they can't call each other
and can not call the echoline test.

Anyone know what I might be doing wrong?

Well, Not posting an debug, conf files or clues to what error codes are
displayed for one thing.

Or does anyone offer configuration over the web at a reasonable rate ?

Have you looked at voip-info.org and www.voipuser.org yet ? You will never
learn
if at the first hurdle you want to pay someone.
best advice will be to register at www.voipuser.org and post your query
there and im sure you will get it sorted with no need to pay.

Ian