Sipgate again

Old July 7th 05, 01:58 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
JuliusP

Default Sipgate again

Could it be they are just going through the ranges sequentially, since
these number allocations are available via Ofcom???

Old July 7th 05, 02:20 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Martin²

Could it be they are just going through the ranges sequentially, since
these number allocations are available via Ofcom???

That's illegal. If you answer the phone and they don't know your/registered
name then you should report them to the Data Commissioner.
Regards,
Martin

Old July 7th 05, 03:50 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
JuliusP

I totally agree, I was suggesting how they could have obtained the
numbers in the first place

Old July 7th 05, 03:52 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
JuliusP

Perhaps the application they are using is faulty, perhaps it doesn't
recognize that you've answered the line and that the call should be
handed to an agent for live processing

Old July 7th 05, 03:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Thomas Rankin

Martin² wrote:
Could it be they are just going through the ranges sequentially, since
these number allocations are available via Ofcom???

That's illegal. If you answer the phone and they don't know your/registered
name then you should report them to the Data Commissioner.
Regards,
Martin

Illegal it may be but I swear that's how we get an advert for holiday
clubs at least once a week, we have 2 unlisted numbers that are
sequentially very close to each other, and when the one that has a lower
number is called, you can guarantee when the other one will be.

Surely the law will be broken in the country of origin, and I'm sure
there are some countries where this is not illegal.
Old July 7th 05, 03:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ian

"JuliusP" wrote in message
oups.com...
Perhaps the application they are using is faulty, perhaps it doesn't
recognize that you've answered the line and that the call should be
handed to an agent for live processing

Hi

most powerdialer work in an slightly oversquare configeration. Ie more lines
than agents, The dialer thn uses an alogrithum based on average ring time,
average number of calls answered and average call duration to work out when
to dial and on how many lines for each free agent. so you can imagine quite
a few calls will be dead. The skill is getting the maths correct.

Ian

Old July 7th 05, 06:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Don Carter

On Thu, 7 Jul 2005 15:26:45 +0100, "Ian" spam"AT"bathfordhill.co.uk
wrote:

most powerdialer work in an slightly oversquare configeration. Ie more lines
than agents, The dialer thn uses an alogrithum based on average ring time,
average number of calls answered and average call duration to work out when
to dial and on how many lines for each free agent. so you can imagine quite
a few calls will be dead. The skill is getting the maths correct.

Ian

No, the skill lies in getting the perpetrators accurately lined up in
the crosshairs!
Old July 8th 05, 12:55 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Martin²

Coincidentally I have looked on my sipgate account and I see I have missed
four calls from
02089034122, 02089034442 and 02072867059 (2).

As still use Xten softphone I haven't given my No. to anyone...
Regards,
Martin

Old July 9th 05, 09:17 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Joe Harrison

I'm getting similar silent calls coming in either on my Sipgate or IPKall
numbers. As the b'stard things seem to come in the middle of the night my
money currently is on IPKall. But ta for "Telefocus" heads-up.

Old July 9th 05, 07:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Silent Calls Victim

Default Silent Calls

Silent Calls such as those described are covered by powers held by
Ofcom.

For information on how to stop these, and stuff on related telephone
nuisance please visit:
http://www.users.waitrose.com/~SilentCalls

David