dect into vonage setup

Old July 9th 05, 01:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
m0rk

Default dect into vonage setup

just picked up one of the staples linksys vonage routers and having a look

once setup and running are there any issues with plugging a standard dect
setup into it with a few base units?

Old July 9th 05, 02:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
John Blessing

"m0rk" wrote in message
.. .
just picked up one of the staples linksys vonage routers and having a look

once setup and running are there any issues with plugging a standard dect
setup into it with a few base units?

I use a DECT base station (one in each phone port) with no problems.

--
John Blessing

businesses
for your meeting/class over the web.

Old July 9th 05, 02:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Dave Gill

m0rk wrote:

just picked up one of the staples linksys vonage routers and having a look

once setup and running are there any issues with plugging a standard dect
setup into it with a few base units?

I haven't got one of the Linksys routers, but I am trying out a Linksys
adapter (similar to the ones Vonage use in the US) and it's working fine
with my 4 handset DECT system.

Old July 9th 05, 02:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
m0rk

once setup and running are there any issues with plugging a standard dect
setup into it with a few base units?

I use a DECT base station (one in each phone port) with no problems.

--
John Blessing

With it being an impulse purchase whilst in a rush ive now actually read the
box and its locked to vonage.

How do you find the service? ... Im currently fighting my instinct to
return it and buy something that I can use with any provider .... but if
they're any good might just go with it ....

Hmmmm ... just read the terms and I see this:-

****************
3.6 Termination Fee (Does Not Apply to Business Plus Customers). You will
be charged a termination fee of $39.99 per voice line if your Service is
terminated for any reason during the first twelve months following the
activation of your Service.
****************

They also offer a 14 day money back guarantee so I guess I could test it
.... ooh ... im in 2 minds now!

Before I sign up are there any other voip adapters out there that are as
reasonable in price but can be used with any provider?

Old July 9th 05, 03:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Andy

"m0rk" wrote in message
.. .
once setup and running are there any issues with plugging a standard
dect setup into it with a few base units?

I use a DECT base station (one in each phone port) with no problems.

--
John Blessing

With it being an impulse purchase whilst in a rush ive now actually read
the box and its locked to vonage.

How do you find the service? ... Im currently fighting my instinct to
return it and buy something that I can use with any provider .... but if
they're any good might just go with it ....

I would want the optioon to choose which provider I liked the best. If they
close the service, you`ll be stuffed!

Take it back and get one that it configurable for any provider. Six months
is a lifetime in this technological world. Don't be left with a piece of
junk.

Andy

Old July 9th 05, 04:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Andy

"Andy" wrote in message

I would want the optioon to choose which provider I liked the best. If
they close the service, you`ll be stuffed!

Take it back and get one that it configurable for any provider. Six
months is a lifetime in this technological world. Don't be left with a
piece of junk.

Andy

You can buy an unlocked unit from here http://tinyurl.com/862nd
for 29.99 + VAT and use it with any provider anywhere....

Not just the one provider. I wouldn't be happy knowing my ATA was locked.