Bluetooth Headsets on PC

Old July 9th 05, 09:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Andrew Hodgson

Default Bluetooth Headsets on PC

Hi,

I have a Bluetooth Headset (Bluetake BT400 GII) and a Blue Opal USB
dongle using the latest version of Blue Opal. What I want to do, and
please tell me if I am going mad, is to try and get the Bluetooth
software working as an additional sound card through the system, so
that I can use Skype et al wirelessly via the headset.

Now what I have done so far is to install the software, get the
headset into "pairing mode" and start the connection process, however,
I get a musical tone through the headset and the machine comes up with
an error suggesting that I am unable to connect to the headset.

I want to continue down this path, even if it means buying another
headset or dongle, but I really need to know [a] if this is actually
needed and [b] if yes, which models are the best for the job?

Thanks.
Andrew.
My Email: use andrew at hodgsonfamily dot org.
Old July 12th 05, 12:21 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Paul Newman

I did exactly that on my dad's PC. I did get it working as a sound card,
although like you I was confused at first. If I remember right, I had to
press one of the two buttons on the headset during the approx 20 seconds of
the musical tone. Can't remember which button, you will have to try one then
the other. I think one represents 'OK' and the other 'cancel'. Software used
was 'BlueSoleil' on windows 2000.

Hope that helps
Paul.

Old July 14th 05, 07:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
F9

"Paul Newman" wrote in message
eenews.net...
I did exactly that on my dad's PC. I did get it working as a sound card,
although like you I was confused at first. If I remember right, I had to
press one of the two buttons on the headset during the approx 20 seconds of
the musical tone. Can't remember which button, you will have to try one
then the other. I think one represents 'OK' and the other 'cancel'.
Software used was 'BlueSoleil' on windows 2000.

I an get to this stage, but when I 'answer' the headset by pressing
theon/off button which doubles as answer initiate Bluesoleiu crashes.

I have an Xtreame ABH-204 headset & XPsp2.

Old November 30th 05, 10:28 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Robert Cole

I have two bluetooth headsets, One cheap & nasty & a sony ericsson one that
came with my phone unfortunately the good one does work like the cheap one.
I use a dongle i bought on ebay for 6.99 which came with IVTBluesoleil
software which works fine.Once the headset is paired i just need to press
the button once & a pop up is displayed saying im connected the cheap & nast
headset is bluemate.
news:[email protected] eranews...