Sipgate failing again!

Old July 15th 05, 07:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Spencer

Default Sipgate failing again!

Most of the time today, my attempted calls via sipgate don't get a ringing
tone at my side, so as the caller, you are left not knowing whether the call
is ringing at the other end or not! When is the service going to start
working reliably? I'm getting peed off with the lack of reliability now. I
am still getting callers telling me they have to re-dial several times
before getting a connection also.

Spencer

Old July 15th 05, 08:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Spencer" wrote in message
Most of the time today, my attempted calls via sipgate don't get a
ringing tone at my side, so as the caller, you are left not knowing
whether the call is ringing at the other end or not! When is the
service going to start working reliably? I'm getting peed off with the
lack of reliability now. I am still getting callers telling me they
have to re-dial several times before getting a connection also.

What time was this..? The STUN server was down for about half an hour this
afternoon.

Ivor

Old July 15th 05, 08:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Stefan Kaniuk" wrote in message
well perhaps you shopuld try a reputable and reliable voip provider such
as VONAGE UK.

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.

Old July 15th 05, 08:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Spencer

"Ivor Jones" wrote in message

"Spencer" wrote in message
Most of the time today, my attempted calls via sipgate don't get a
ringing tone at my side, so as the caller, you are left not knowing
whether the call is ringing at the other end or not! When is the service
going to start working reliably? I'm getting peed off with the lack of
reliability now. I am still getting callers telling me they have to
re-dial several times before getting a connection also.

What time was this..? The STUN server was down for about half an hour this
afternoon.

Ivor

After 6pm this evening onwards.

Spencer

Old July 15th 05, 08:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Spencer

"Ivor Jones" wrote in message

"Stefan Kaniuk" wrote in message

A: Stefan Kaniuk

Old July 15th 05, 09:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Spencer" wrote in message

"Ivor Jones" wrote in message

"Spencer" wrote in message
Most of the time today, my attempted calls via sipgate don't get a
ringing tone at my side, so as the caller, you are left not knowing
whether the call is ringing at the other end or not! When is the
service going to start working reliably? I'm getting peed off with
the lack of reliability now. I am still getting callers telling me
they have to re-dial several times before getting a connection also.

What time was this..? The STUN server was down for about half an hour
this afternoon.

Ivor

After 6pm this evening onwards.

Spencer

Sounds right, 1700GMT. Don't know the cause yet.

Ivor

Old July 18th 05, 06:47 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Tom

I had the same issue many time myself, when calling France. They can hear me
but I can't hear anything (no tone or voice). The only indication that the
call is connected is that the countdown starts on my phone.

The issues a
* annoying for the person receiving the dead call
* call being charges each time (and connection fee is applicable)

I contacted Sipgate twice, and no replies yet, so time to look for a decent
provider with a minimum of customer support...