Asterisk at Home

Old July 15th 05, 09:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Matt

Default Asterisk at Home

Hi,

I'm just installing Asterisk at Home, after playing with standard
Asterisk for a bit.

In the [email protected] trunk configuration, it asks for 2 sets of information -
Peer Details and User details.

I'm aware of the sip.conf and iax.conf settings, but not sure how to
split these into Peer and User details?

Can someone please explain?

If anyone has a sample sipgate of call18866 settings from [email protected] I'd be
very grateful.

Many thanks

Matthew

Old July 15th 05, 10:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ian

"Matt" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,

I'm just installing Asterisk at Home, after playing with standard
Asterisk for a bit.

In the [email protected] trunk configuration, it asks for 2 sets of information -
Peer Details and User details.

I'm aware of the sip.conf and iax.conf settings, but not sure how to
split these into Peer and User details?

Can someone please explain?

Well a peer is a supplier of services and a user is a user such as a phone.

Not sure why *@h would want details of both in trunk setup though, due to
the number of support calls coming in for *@h i may be forced to install it
on a lab server to work out how it splits the conf files up. so will be able
to shed more light on it then. But for production I will stick with the
"vanilla" version

Ian

Ian