Asterisk at Home dial rules

Old July 15th 05, 11:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Matt

Default Asterisk at Home dial rules

I'm having some problems with Asterisk at Home dial rules for voiptalk.

I need to convert local numbers to international format and convert
national call to international calls.

I've got..

441827+NXXXXX
44+0|.

in the dial rules.

The local numbers works OK, but stripping the leading zero and then
adding 44, doesn't seem to work.

What am I doing wrong?

Many thanks

Matthew

Old July 16th 05, 09:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Dave1216

Matt wrote:
I'm having some problems with Asterisk at Home dial rules for voiptalk.

I need to convert local numbers to international format and convert
national call to international calls.

I've got..

441827+NXXXXX
44+0|.

in the dial rules.

The local numbers works OK, but stripping the leading zero and then
adding 44, doesn't seem to work.

What am I doing wrong?

Many thanks

Matthew

I use:

Dial Pattern in outbound routing:
00. - international number (note the lack of '|')
0|Z. -UK national number
80|. - Local area code (for me)

Dial Rule in trunk:
00442380+XXXXXX (local only, change the area code as desired)
0044+XXXXXXXXXX (fits both 01 & 02)
(international stays the same)
Old July 17th 05, 09:46 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Matt

Many thanks for that Dave,

Do you have an incoming number set up with voiptalk?

Any chance of some sample config files? I can make outgoing calls OK,
but not recieve them. Can't get anywhere with sipgate!

Many thanks

Matthew

Old August 4th 05, 10:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Thomas Rankin

Matt wrote:
Many thanks for that Dave,

Do you have an incoming number set up with voiptalk?

Any chance of some sample config files? I can make outgoing calls OK,
but not recieve them. Can't get anywhere with sipgate!

Many thanks

Matthew

I've got it working fine with sipgate (read the instructions on their site).

IIRC the biggest slip-up is suppossed to be mis-typing the registration
line in sip.conf (not putting the /uid-given-by-sipgate at the end of
the line.

It's probably not right, but I use:

_[2-9]. for local
_0[1-2]. for national
_00Z. for international
_07. for mobile (I know this catches Personal Numbers too, shouldn't be
too hard to change that if it's a problem).

If you need any help setting up sipgate in asterisk, give me a private
mail, and I'll send you some (doctored/reduced) config files.