Vonage - Dialing UK local and national numbers

Old July 16th 05, 12:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Paul Westwell

Default Vonage - Dialing UK local and national numbers

Hi,

With Vonage if I dial a UK local or national number what format does it have
to be in?

e.g for a Bracknell number if I am already in Bracknell can I just dial
123456 or do I have to dial 01344 123456?

Calling within the UK I assume I do not have to use international format
0044 1344 123456?

Regards,

Paul

Old July 16th 05, 12:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Phil Thompson

On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 11:13:06 GMT, "Paul Westwell"
wrote:

e.g for a Bracknell number if I am already in Bracknell can I just dial
123456 or do I have to dial 01344 123456?

almost certainly not.

Intl numbers are dialled 00ccnnnnnnnnnnn

Phil
--
spamcop.net address commissioned 18/06/04
Come on down !
Old July 16th 05, 01:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Paul Westwell

Thanks Dexter,

That is a nice touch from Vonage allowing you to only require to dial the
national number within your own country.

I was concerned that if you missed an incoming call and you looked through
your missed call list on you phone and saw 01344123456 called then tried to
return the call it would fail because it was not in the international
format.

Looks like all will work fine on Vonage.

Regards,

Paul

wrote:

With Vonage if I dial a UK local or national number what format does it
have
to be in?

You have to use 01344 123456

Calling within the UK I assume I do not have to use international format
0044 1344 123456?

Correct if you use it like you would use a mobile to dial numbers in
the UK from the UK you will not go wrong .

Old July 24th 05, 11:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Paul Westwell

Even better....

Using Vonage I can dial the local 6 digit number and it works!

i.e if I am in Bracknell (01344) and cal my neighbour all I have to dial is
123456.... nice!

Regards,

Paul

Old July 24th 05, 11:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

Paul Westwell wrote:
Even better....

Using Vonage I can dial the local 6 digit number and it works!

i.e if I am in Bracknell (01344) and cal my neighbour all I have to
dial is 123456.... nice!

Regards,

Paul

Paul,

Could I ask please that you trim and bottom post on this group, please..?
Top posting makes it very hard to follow the thread of conversation.

Please note I'm not 'having a go' at you, it's just that this is the usual
way of doing things on most groups.

Many thanks,

Ivor
..

Old July 25th 05, 07:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

Stefan Kaniuk wrote:
YOU DO NOT OWN THE GROUP IVOR--PEOPLE WILL POST ANY WAY THEY CHOOSE

Please don't shout. I asked politely, there is no need to be abusive. I
wasn't asking you, anyway.

plonk

Ivor

Old July 26th 05, 12:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
David Floyd

In message of Mon, 25 Jul 2005, Stefan Kaniuk writes
YOU DO NOT OWN THE GROUP IVOR--PEOPLE WILL POST ANY WAY THEY CHOOSE

Normally I ignore your posts because of top posting and SHOUTING.

If that's the way you want it - you'll get ignored.

--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
Old July 26th 05, 01:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Stefan Kaniuk

"David Floyd" wrote in message
In message of Mon, 25 Jul 2005, Stefan Kaniuk writes
YOU DO NOT OWN THE GROUP IVOR--PEOPLE WILL POST ANY WAY THEY CHOOSE

Normally I ignore your posts because of top posting and SHOUTING.

well one can learn pretty quick.