Linksys Pap2

Old July 16th 05, 03:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
LanMan

Default Linksys Pap2

Does anyone know how to configure a Linksys pap2 to use sipgate.co.uk
for incoming calls and sip.voicebuster.com for outgoing call - while
only using Line 1 connected to a phone ?

tia
Old July 16th 05, 03:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

LanMan wrote:
Does anyone know how to configure a Linksys pap2 to use
sipgate.co.uk for incoming calls and sip.voicebuster.com for
outgoing call - while only using Line 1 connected to a phone ?

Don't think that is possible on that device. The Fritz!Box Fon from AVM
will do it, but it's a complete modem/router/ATA and you may not want to
replace your existing modem/router..!

Why not use a BT Converse 2025 2-line phone..?

Ivor

Old July 16th 05, 03:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
LanMan

Ivor Jones wrote:
LanMan wrote:

Does anyone know how to configure a Linksys pap2 to use
sipgate.co.uk for incoming calls and sip.voicebuster.com for
outgoing call - while only using Line 1 connected to a phone ?

Don't think that is possible on that device. The Fritz!Box Fon from AVM
will do it, but it's a complete modem/router/ATA and you may not want to
replace your existing modem/router..!

Why not use a BT Converse 2025 2-line phone..?

Ivor

damn.... that's a bummer. I'd like to keep using my dect phones also.

Old July 16th 05, 06:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Phil Thompson

On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 16:36:54 GMT, "Maverick"
wrote:

Sipgate, Dect phones and PAP2 work fine for me...

but can you service two VoIP accounts off a single phone ?

Phil
--
spamcop.net address commissioned 18/06/04
Come on down !
Old July 16th 05, 06:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
LanMan

Maverick wrote:
Sipgate, Dect phones and PAP2 work fine for me...

Sipgate is fine here also, but i'm trying to use different a/cs for in
vs out
Old July 16th 05, 06:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

LanMan wrote:
Maverick wrote:
Sipgate, Dect phones and PAP2 work fine for me...

Sipgate is fine here also, but i'm trying to use different a/cs for
in vs out

You can do that and a lot more with the Fritz!Box Fon from AVM that
Sipgate are currently selling on their site, but it's not the cheapest
option. It does work though, I'm very impressed with mine. (No, I'm not
plugging it, although I do think it's good..!)

Ivor

Old July 16th 05, 07:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Dave Gill

LanMan wrote:

Does anyone know how to configure a Linksys pap2 to use sipgate.co.uk
for incoming calls and sip.voicebuster.com for outgoing call - while
only using Line 1 connected to a phone ?

You can do that with the Sipura 1001, but not with the Linksys PAP2
(which is based on the Sipura 2000). Unfortunately the 1001 costs about
twice as much as the PAP2...

Old July 16th 05, 11:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Don Carter

On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 18:47:25 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
wrote:

LanMan wrote:
Maverick wrote:
Sipgate, Dect phones and PAP2 work fine for me...

Sipgate is fine here also, but i'm trying to use different a/cs for
in vs out

You can do that and a lot more with the Fritz!Box Fon from AVM that
Sipgate are currently selling on their site, but it's not the cheapest
option. It does work though, I'm very impressed with mine. (No, I'm not
plugging it, although I do think it's good..!)

Ivor

If you're not plugging it I'd hate to have to read through a plug.
Old July 17th 05, 12:28 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

Don Carter wrote:

[snip]

If you're not plugging it I'd hate to have to read through a plug.

I just said I like it and that it will do the job the OP wants to do.
Doesn't mean I have any business/financial interest in it, which is what I
understand a 'plug' to be. Nothing wrong with someone recommending
something they like, is there..?

Ivor