Vonage, can't receive Orange calls

Old July 18th 05, 03:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Phil

Default Vonage, can't receive Orange calls

I am unable to receive calls from any Orange mobile. I can receive calls
from other mobile networks and landlines but if anyone using an Orange
mobile calls my vonage number they just get a constant tone and number not
in use message. Any ideas what's happening?

Old July 18th 05, 04:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ian

"Phil" wrote in message
I am unable to receive calls from any Orange mobile. I can receive calls
from other mobile networks and landlines but if anyone using an Orange
mobile calls my vonage number they just get a constant tone and number not
in use message. Any ideas what's happening?

The number range vonage are using isnt in oranges databuilds.
or it possibly could be an interconnect issue but I doubt it.

Ian

Old July 18th 05, 04:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Peter Gradwell

Ian wrote:
"Phil" wrote in message

I am unable to receive calls from any Orange mobile. I can receive calls
from other mobile networks and landlines but if anyone using an Orange
mobile calls my vonage number they just get a constant tone and number not
in use message. Any ideas what's happening?

The number range vonage are using isnt in oranges databuilds.
or it possibly could be an interconnect issue but I doubt it.

Yeah, you should complain to orange as they are not connecting your
call. It's a common problem.

peter

Old July 18th 05, 04:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Phil

I rang Orange and they are sending it to technical support. Do you think
they will sort out the problem or just not bother?

Old July 18th 05, 05:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ian

"Phil" wrote in message
I rang Orange and they are sending it to technical support. Do you think
they will sort out the problem or just not bother?

Oh ye of little faith.
It will top of their list. now whether they fix it thats another thing.

Ian

Old July 18th 05, 05:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Peter Corlett

Phil wrote:
I rang Orange and they are sending it to technical support. Do you
think they will sort out the problem or just not bother?

Given past form, I imagine they will "simplify" calling these numbers
for you.

--
PGP key ID E85DC776 - finger for full key

Please contribute to the beer fund and a tidier house:
http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQfgtpZ1...Z25QQsassZpndc
Old July 18th 05, 05:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Peter Gradwell

Phil wrote:
I rang Orange and they are sending it to technical support. Do you think
they will sort out the problem or just not bother?

they do seem to fix it eventually.

peter

Old July 18th 05, 06:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
GwG

"Phil" wrote in message
I rang Orange and they are sending it to technical support. Do you think
they will sort out the problem or just not bother?

My Orange phone will still not get through to 056 numbers, I think they must
be part of NTL ;-)

Old July 18th 05, 07:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

GwG wrote:
"Phil" wrote in message
I rang Orange and they are sending it to technical support. Do you
think they will sort out the problem or just not bother?

My Orange phone will still not get through to 056 numbers, I think
they must be part of NTL ;-)

How much do they cost from Orange..? I bet they don't come out of
inclusive minutes....

Ivor

Old July 18th 05, 08:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ian

"GwG" wrote in message
news

"Phil" wrote in message
I rang Orange and they are sending it to technical support. Do you think
they will sort out the problem or just not bother?

My Orange phone will still not get through to 056 numbers, I think they

must
be part of NTL ;-)

There is a common link between them, Both technicaly and in who owns them
;-)