Linksys PAP2-NA power supply

Old July 19th 05, 11:59 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Phil Thompson

Default Linksys PAP2-NA power supply

Is there a convenient retailer for the plugtop adapters that slip onto
the PSU of the Linksys PAP2 ??

the PSU brick has two studs for the mains input so an adapter is
needed even for the USA (unlike the more common type with a fold-out
USA plug and UK / Euro adapters)

Come to think of it I better read the voltage rating too.....

Phil
--
spamcop.net address commissioned 18/06/04
Come on down !
Old July 19th 05, 01:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Andrew Gabriel

In article ,
Phil Thompson writes:
Is there a convenient retailer for the plugtop adapters that slip onto
the PSU of the Linksys PAP2 ??

the PSU brick has two studs for the mains input so an adapter is
needed even for the USA (unlike the more common type with a fold-out
USA plug and UK / Euro adapters)

Do they look like...
http://cpc.farnell.com/productimages...3210205-40.jpg

If so, CPC part PW01594, 98p+P&P+VAT.
http://cpc.farnell.com/jsp/endecaSea...e nsearch&y=0
If that link doesn't work from a different browser session, go to
http://www.cpc.co.uk and type PW01594 into the part number field.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Old July 19th 05, 10:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Phil Thompson

On 19 Jul 2005 12:17:34 GMT, [email protected] (Andrew Gabriel) wrote:

Do they look like...

quite a bit, but without seeing the underside of the brick its hard to
be certain.

might be worth a punt anyway.

Phil
Old July 19th 05, 11:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
B.M. Wright

Phil Thompson wrote:
Is there a convenient retailer for the plugtop adapters that slip onto
the PSU of the Linksys PAP2 ??

the PSU brick has two studs for the mains input so an adapter is
needed even for the USA (unlike the more common type with a fold-out
USA plug and UK / Euro adapters)

Come to think of it I better read the voltage rating too.....

If it's identical to the adapters that ship with all/most of the
Sipuras, which, it sounds like, then you can get an entire plug kit he

http://www.voxilla.com

For some reason they don't show them right, probably out of
stock as they have carried these for as long as I can remember. They
are quite cheap $9.95 USD and if you can convince them to send it USPS
shipping wouldn't be bad either. I suggest mailing and asking them
regarding the stock/availability and shipping (I believe they stopped
doing USPS, but on this low of value, may make an exception).

Just so you know, the Linksys is in fact a Sipura internally, so
it wouldn't surprised me if the power brick was sourced from the same
place. Linksys/Cisco also bought Sipura recently. One other thing to
note, I have a USB powered phone charger that also came with a AC to USB
port (that only provides power), it looks similar to these adapters
provided by Sipura but it is NOT the same, the plastic pucks are
shaped/keyed different enough that they don't interchange.