Fax and VoIP

Old July 19th 05, 08:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

Default Fax and VoIP

"Al" wrote in message
There's been some discussion here about sending fax through VoIP
telephone adaptors. The consensus view seems to be that this can be
hit and miss, so pretty unreliable.

What I haven't seen discussed very much about INCOMING fax to a fax
machine attached to an ATA. Is the situation for incoming fax much the
same as outgoing fax (ie problematic and unreliable) or is incoming
fax ok?

Do you mean a fax sent from a PSTN line or from another VoIP line..? I
must admit I've never tried either, but if you or anyone want to do a test
(I'm on Sipgate) then let me know and I'll put a machine on line.

Ivor