ATAs and REN

Old July 20th 05, 10:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Andrew Gabriel

Default ATAs and REN

In article ,
Mark writes:
Pardon my ignorance....

What is the REN of a typical FXS port on an ATA? Are multiple FXS

The SPA-3000 is noticably lower REN than my BT line. It struggles
to ring all the phones, whereas the BT line has no problem at all.
I am probably around a total REN of 4 though, maybe a little over.

There's a parameter "FXS Port Power Limit" which I've tried changing,
but it makes no difference I can detect. There's also a setting for
ring voltage, which I haven't tried changing yet (set to default 70V).

--
Andrew Gabriel