Outgoing caller-id

Old July 21st 05, 12:11 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Matt

Default Outgoing caller-id

Can anyone recomend a VOIP provider (UK or International) that allows
you to set the outgoing callerid?

Why - so that when calls are diverted from my asterisk box to the
mobile, I can see who is calling and act accordingly.

Many thanks

Matthew

Old July 21st 05, 02:20 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
JuliusP

I know www.gradwell.net allow the Geo number you purchase from them to
be presented to the called party

Old July 21st 05, 09:14 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
r_mervart

"Matt" wrote in message
oups.com...
Can anyone recomend a VOIP provider (UK or International) that allows
you to set the outgoing callerid?

Why - so that when calls are diverted from my asterisk box to the
mobile, I can see who is calling and act accordingly.

Are you saying that it is not a standard function of the VoIP calls to
include
caller id ? If so then it is yet another limitation of the VoIP I was not
aware of
Roman

Old July 21st 05, 09:41 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Phil Thompson

On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 08:14:47 GMT, "r_mervart"
wrote:

Are you saying that it is not a standard function of the VoIP calls to
include
caller id ?

most if not all do, but you may not be able to control what it
displays. You may for example want to show your sipgatedown incoming
number as the caller ID while placing calls with 18866 or someone else
using least cost routing.

I have a 18866 account which with VoIP will only show the primary
account number as the CLID I can't set it to one of the other 5
numbers active on the same account.

Phil
--
spamcop.net address commissioned 18/06/04
Come on down !
Old July 21st 05, 09:44 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Peter Corlett

r_mervart wrote:
[...]
Are you saying that it is not a standard function of the VoIP calls
to include caller id ? If so then it is yet another limitation of
the VoIP I was not aware of

VoIP supports CLI for both name and number. However gateways are
restricted in what they can pass to the PSTN. BT's network doesn't
support CLI names at all, and there is regulatory restriction
regarding numbers passed for CLI.

We've had to sign a contract to agree to not do anything naughty
before we were allowed that capability. (And worth signing, as it's
very handy when we're diverting calls to our support mobiles and don't
want to lose the original CLI.) In the absence of that sort of
agreement, the gateway is going to ignore the CLI you offer and
instead either pass on CLI, or a CLI that is known to belong to you.

Peer-to-peer VoIP obviously retains the CLI number and name you offer,
but the far end may still ignore it unless it has any reason to
believe you.

--
PGP key ID E85DC776 - finger for full key

Please contribute to the beer fund and a tidier house:
http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQfgtpZ1...Z25QQsassZpndc
Old July 21st 05, 09:57 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Tony

wrote:

Are you saying that it is not a standard function of the VoIP calls to
include
caller id ?

most if not all do, but you may not be able to control what it
displays. You may for example want to show your sipgatedown incoming
number as the caller ID while placing calls with 18866 or someone else
using least cost routing.

I have a 18866 account which with VoIP will only show the primary
account number as the CLID I can't set it to one of the other 5
numbers active on the same account.

Phil

Phil, is 'sip.call18866.co.uk' working with you?

I've been trying to get it to connect a call now for two weeks (using a
sipura1001)and its failing all the time here.

Thanks

Old July 21st 05, 10:20 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jonathan Pearson

"r_mervart" wrote in message

"Matt" wrote in message
oups.com...
Can anyone recomend a VOIP provider (UK or International) that allows
you to set the outgoing callerid?

Why - so that when calls are diverted from my asterisk box to the
mobile, I can see who is calling and act accordingly.

Are you saying that it is not a standard function of the VoIP calls to
include
caller id ? If so then it is yet another limitation of the VoIP I was not
aware of
Roman

Sipgate certainly send the CLI as I'm sure most others do!!
Jon

Old July 21st 05, 01:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Mathew Curtis

Matt wrote:
Can anyone recomend a VOIP provider (UK or International) that allows
you to set the outgoing callerid?

Why - so that when calls are diverted from my asterisk box to the
mobile, I can see who is calling and act accordingly.

Many thanks

Matthew

Voipfone allows you to send and receive cli i also wanted my existing
business number cli to show when i made a call and they aranged this
for me i had to send them documentation to proove that i was the owner
of the number that i wanted to display

Mat

Old July 21st 05, 01:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Matt

Cheers for clarifying that Dave, it was late when I posted it!

Old July 21st 05, 02:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jonathan Pearson

Davew wrote:
Jonathan Pearson wrote:

Sipgate certainly send the CLI as I'm sure most others do!!
Jon

I think people are misunderstanding what was originally requested.

The OP wants to recieve a call to his *box, forward it to his mobile
and effectively spoof the callerid of the forwarded call (mobile) to
that of the original call.

Cheers Dave, so is he saying that unlike BT for example, the CLI of the
original caller on a diverted call isn't passed on VOIP??
Jon