"All circuits are busy" on Vonage

Old July 22nd 05, 09:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Richard Gaywood

Default "All circuits are busy" on Vonage

Well, I've had my Vonage account for less than 24 hours and it's
already broken! I get an annoying American voice telling me "all
circuits are temporarily busy" whenever I try to call. It's been like
this since about 7pm.

Two exceptions: I've managed to call my (Orange) mobile phone, and I
can call my own BT landline.

Presumably, this means Vonage don't have enough links to the POTS to
cope with the current traffic. I'm rather unimpressed. I called the
0800 tech services number but after passing the first round of
advisors, my call was dropped when they tried to put me through to
advanced tech support.

Is this a common occurance with Vonage?

Old July 23rd 05, 07:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Stefan Kaniuk

same here, i use my 7 vonage lines heavily and have never had one problem
unlike some of the other crap voip providers around.
wrote in message
On 22 Jul 2005 13:07:15 -0700, "Richard Gaywood"
wrote:

Well, I've had my Vonage account for less than 24 hours and it's
already broken! I get an annoying American voice telling me "all
circuits are temporarily busy" whenever I try to call. It's been like
this since about 7pm.

No problems here from day one Richard .

Presumably, this means Vonage don't have enough links to the POTS to
cope with the current traffic. I'm rather unimpressed.

Two possibilities Richard either they where performing essential
maintenance or due to all the good publicity they have been getting
here and elsewhere they have temporarily become over subscribed.
You should have called again
I called the
0800 tech services number but after passing the first round of
advisors, my call was dropped when they tried to put me through to
advanced tech support.

You should have called again it is a freephone number and they are
very obliging at Vonage .
Is this a common occurance with Vonage?

I have not had any problems in the last week and never seen any
complaints here before I subscribed .

Old July 23rd 05, 07:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Stefan Kaniuk

I can honestly say i ahve not ever had such problems dex, i suppose some
people are unlucky though eh :-)
wrote in message
On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 18:14:02 GMT, "Stefan Kaniuk"
wrote:

same here, i use my 7 vonage lines heavily and have never had one problem
unlike some of the other crap voip providers around.

Just out of curiosity I called support and they told me there was no
problems with the UK service but I have to say that earlier on last
night for around an hour the audio was terrible and I do wonder if
this was that time the guy was receiving the " all circuits busy "
message .
No problems at all today audio is clear has a bell .