Swisssvoice IP10S phone - progress report.

Old July 22nd 05, 11:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Alan Foster

Default Swisssvoice IP10S phone - progress report.

Hi all

Someone recently posted (Nick I think?) about aquiring an IP10S. He was
asking about power supplies, and I replied that I was about to get a
Solwise POE injector for mine yada yada...

Anyway, I thought I would offer an update of how things are going for the
benefit of Nick? and anyone else that has one of these phones.

The POE injector came, and works beautifully... it is a small brick type
power supply that connects to a dinky little hub with just the 3 sockets -
power, RJ45 in, RJ45 out.

The phone powered up to show that the firmware in it was for a Protocol
that I had never heard of! However, I contacted Swissvoice and they
replied within 2 days with firmware file attachments and full instructions
as to how to upgrade to SIP Protocol!!

The FTP transfer went well, and I have just entered my Voipfone details
into it and made some test calls in and out.

Over the weekend I will try out all the features, but first impressions
are very favorable.

This is one really neat looking bit of kit - far more stylish than
anything else I've seen.

Guess I'll be going to the next computer fair to see if I can bag another
one!

Regards

Alan.

Old July 22nd 05, 11:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Nick

"Alan Foster" wrote in message
news[email protected]
[...]

Hi Alan,

Thanks for the update, nothing heard from anyone else on my original
enquiry.

I'd appreciate details of what to acquire, cost, location etc.
You can reply using sendit(dot)here(at)ntlworld(dot)com

Maybe I'll pop down to the Leisure Village on Sunday?

Nick.