[email protected] Dial Patterns

Old July 23rd 05, 12:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Sparks

Default [email protected] Dial Patterns

Having a bit of trouble working out how to setup the dialling rules with [email protected]

If I have the following in the Outbound Routing - VoIPBuster section
*006|.
and calls prefixed with *006 are routed via VoIPBuster 9I do however have to
use the full international number, which is a pain)

I want to be able to just dial numbers without prefixing, and not having to
add 0044 to the beginning.

What do I need to add to the Dial Pattern so this will work, for 020 for
example?
(I managed to set it all up with a different asterisk package, but I am
unsure how I am supposed to do it with [email protected]!)

Ta!

Sparks...

Old July 23rd 05, 02:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Davew

Sparks wrote:
SNIP

I want to be able to just dial numbers without prefixing, and not having to
add 0044 to the beginning.

What do I need to add to the Dial Pattern so this will work, for 020 for
example?

SNIP

Hi Sparks,

See this previous post and see how you get on:
http://tinyurl.com/8ygnc

You'll need to substiute your area code for mine and add '*006' or
whatever prefix you require to the begining of each statement.

The above method probably isn't the *best* but it certainly works.
Old July 23rd 05, 04:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Sparks

"Davew" daviey.walker*spam*virgin.net wrote in message
Sparks wrote:
SNIP

I want to be able to just dial numbers without prefixing, and not having
to add 0044 to the beginning.

What do I need to add to the Dial Pattern so this will work, for 020 for
example?

SNIP

Hi Sparks,

See this previous post and see how you get on:
http://tinyurl.com/8ygnc

You'll need to substiute your area code for mine and add '*006' or
whatever prefix you require to the begining of each statement.

The above method probably isn't the *best* but it certainly works.

Thanks for that, it now works if I dail the full UK number (020 8XXX XXXX
etc...)
I now want to get it to work with my area code. but I cant seem to get this
to work

My area code is 01689 the next bit wil start with a 6, 7 or an 8, followed
by 5 digits
Can someone please point me in the right direction!

Ta!!
Sparks...

Old July 23rd 05, 04:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Sparks

Thanks for that, it now works if I dail the full UK number (020 8XXX XXXX
etc...)
I now want to get it to work with my area code. but I cant seem to get
this to work

Okay, I have got it now!!

For anyone else who is doing this,
I have the following in my Outboaund Routing - VoIPBuster - Dial Pattern
0|Z.
6.
7.
8.

In the Trunks - VoIPBuster - Dial Rules I have the following
0044+XXXXXXXXXX
00441689+XXXXXX

From a phone conencted to the Asterisk box, I can now dial an 01 or 02
number wihout prefixing, Asterisk then inserts 0044 then removes the first 0
of the dialed number.

I can dial any local number starting with 6, 7 or 8 followed by 5 numbers,
it will then add 00441689 in front automaticlly.

Sparks...

Old July 25th 05, 11:15 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Tim Clark

In article ,
"Sparks" writes:
Thanks for that, it now works if I dail the full UK number (020 8XXX XXXX
etc...)
I now want to get it to work with my area code. but I cant seem to get
this to work

Okay, I have got it now!!

For anyone else who is doing this,
I have the following in my Outboaund Routing - VoIPBuster - Dial Pattern
0|Z.
6.
7.
8.

In the Trunks - VoIPBuster - Dial Rules I have the following
0044+XXXXXXXXXX
00441689+XXXXXX

From a phone conencted to the Asterisk box, I can now dial an 01 or 02
number wihout prefixing, Asterisk then inserts 0044 then removes the first 0
of the dialed number.

I can dial any local number starting with 6, 7 or 8 followed by 5 numbers,
it will then add 00441689 in front automaticlly.

What have you got against those in 01689 whose local numbers start with
a 2 or 3? OK, in the case of 01689, no local numbers happen to start
with 4, 5, or 9 at the moment. A general case, applicable to any UK
geographic area, would be to code it interpret any initial digit 2 to 9
inclusive as meaning the start of a local number - effectively what
happens at the telco for a standard line line.

--
Tim Clark
Old July 25th 05, 11:20 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Sparks

What have you got against those in 01689 whose local numbers start with
a 2 or 3? OK, in the case of 01689, no local numbers happen to start
with 4, 5, or 9 at the moment.

Nothing at the moment, as AFAIK all 01689 local numbers start with a 6, 7 or
8

A general case, applicable to any UK
geographic area, would be to code it interpret any initial digit 2 to 9
inclusive as meaning the start of a local number - effectively what
happens at the telco for a standard line line.

Does it?

I had to ring my local exchange when I got my Sipgate number (starting with
a 7) as it wouldnt work unless I dialled the entire number, they did
somthing, then it worked.

Sparks...

Old July 25th 05, 11:28 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Sparks

"Sparks" wrote in message
.. .
What have you got against those in 01689 whose local numbers start with
a 2 or 3? OK, in the case of 01689, no local numbers happen to start
with 4, 5, or 9 at the moment.

(I have now updated it to read the following, wich seems to work)
0|Z.
[2-9].

Sparks...

Old July 25th 05, 07:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Davew

Sparks wrote:

(I have now updated it to read the following, wich seems to work)
0|Z.
[2-9].

Isn't that what i said in a previous post on this same thread?

http://tinyurl.com/8ygnc

Old July 25th 05, 09:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Tim Clark

In article ,
"Sparks" writes:
What have you got against those in 01689 whose local numbers start with
a 2 or 3? OK, in the case of 01689, no local numbers happen to start
with 4, 5, or 9 at the moment.

Nothing at the moment, as AFAIK all 01689 local numbers start with a 6, 7 or
8

The range 01689 20XXXX has been allocated to Redstone since March 2001
and 01689 30XXXX to BT since April 1995, so there ought to be some
numbers around like that, or Ofcom will want to slap the wrists of
whichever telco requested a range and didn't use it.

A general case, applicable to any UK
geographic area, would be to code it interpret any initial digit 2 to 9
inclusive as meaning the start of a local number - effectively what
happens at the telco for a standard line line.

Does it?

Sorry, my clumsy typing. What I meant to type was: "effectively what
happens at the telco for a standard LAND line." The exchange sees an
initial digit starting 2 to 9 and so know you're dialling a number
within the local dialing code. It doesn't mean they'll always handle it
correctly though, as your experience shows: