Sipgate Answer Phone

Old July 23rd 05, 02:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Sean Ashdown

Default Sipgate Answer Phone

I'm calling the Sipgate voice mail box to try and set up my personal message
and I am getting a recorded message in German (I think). Appologies up front
if it's not.

Any ideas?

Old July 23rd 05, 03:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

Sean Ashdown wrote:
I'm calling the Sipgate voice mail box to try and set up my
personal message and I am getting a recorded message in German (I
think). Appologies up front if it's not.

Any ideas?

There is a bug in the voicemail system somewhere which unfortunately still
hasn't been sorted out, although I hope it will be soon..! Try dialling
again and you will get the English message on the next try or maybe after
two or three..!

Anyway, the options to set up an outgoing message are as follows:

Dial 50000 and when the message starts (in English or German..!) enter a 0
(zero) for the voicemail options menu.

Then enter 1 to record your outgoing message. Speak it after the bleep and
when you are finished press the # key. You are limited to 30 seconds for
the o/g message.

Then press 2 to listen to it, and if you are satisfied press 1 to save it,
or 3 to re-record it. Don't forget to press # after speaking the message
or it won't save.

Then press * to return to the main menu or hang up.

Hope this helps,

Ivor

Old July 23rd 05, 03:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Tom

I think you should just give up Sipgate, they are rubbish. Not working
consistently and no support. I am now using vopifone and it's much better
and also cheaper. Also, their voice mail prompt sounds more professional...

k...

Old July 23rd 05, 07:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Stefan Kaniuk

i see ivor is still supporting sipgate the fool, VONAGE never has these
problems and for 18.99 a month you have unlimited calls and a free fax line,
my previous bills used to be over 340 quid a month for business calls now
their only 18.99
wrote in message
On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 15:14:09 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
wrote:
There is a bug in the voicemail system somewhere which unfortunately still
hasn't been sorted out, although I hope it will be soon..! Try dialling
again and you will get the English message on the next try or maybe after
two or three..!

Very strange Ivor I received an email on Thursday informing me that
all the problems with Voicemail had now been sorted it was signed by
someone I had not heard of before . Seems that this chap is talking
through his backside like the rest of Sipgate staff appear to do .

Old July 24th 05, 11:14 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Sean Ashdown

Thanks for that guys. I'll try all the suggestions and possibly give a few
of the other services a go.