[email protected] Speed Dials

Old July 23rd 05, 06:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Sparks

Default [email protected] Speed Dials

Okay, next feature I would like!

The company I work for has 4 offices.

Each office has a DDI range, where the extension number is three digits
(each office has a different leading number for the extension number)
For example
Office 1 1XX
Office 2 2XX
Office 3 3XX
Office 4 4XX

I would like to dial a prefix (Probably *020, as this is what I had before),
followed by the extension number of the office, and have asterisk do the
rest to connect me Via VoIPBuster.

I would like to dial *020412 to get extension 412 in office 4
I would like to dial *020212 to get extension 212 in office 2
Etc..

I have done it with Asterisk before, but not with [email protected]

I have got it working with one office with the following...

Trunk Dial Rules
0044???????+XXX
(Replacing the ?'s with the first part of the number)

Outbound Routing Dial Pattern
*020|4XX

If I Dial *020473, I get extension 473 ringing in office 4, so far so good!

Now I want to add another office, but I am a bit stuck, as if I just do the
same for the next office, I think I will get a conflict in my Trunk Dial
Rules, as I will be trying to match three digits again.

Help!

:-)

Sparks...

Old July 23rd 05, 07:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Davew

Sparks wrote:

Each office has a DDI range:
Office 1 1XX
Office 2 2XX
Office 3 3XX
Office 4 4XX

I would like to dial *020412 to get extension 412 in office 4
I would like to dial *020212 to get extension 212 in office 2
Etc..

0044???????+XXX
(Replacing the ?'s with the first part of the number)

Outbound Routing Dial Pattern
*020|4XX

If I Dial *020473, I get extension 473 ringing in office 4, so far so good!

Now I want to add another office, but I am a bit stuck, as if I just do the
same for the next office, I think I will get a conflict in my Trunk Dial
Rules, as I will be trying to match three digits again.

Going on the assumption that each office has the same prefix '0044???????'.

Why not have your Outbound Routing Dial Pattern:
*020|XXX

And trunk:
0044???????+XXX
Old July 23rd 05, 08:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Sparks

Going on the assumption that each office has the same prefix
'0044???????'.

That's the problem, the first part of the number is different in all the
offices.

Otherwise, it's easy, as you suggest!

Sparks...

Old July 23rd 05, 11:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Sparks

Okay, after much fiddling, I have finally cracked it (I think!)
Here is what I now have, if anyone is interested!

If there is a better way to do it, please let me know!

The *020 prefix is so I can call people in four different offices, just by
dialling *020 followed by a three digit extension number, this part is only
useful to me, but obviously can be adapted for other uses!

Outbound Routing - VoIPBuster - Dial Patterns

*006|. - This routes all calls prefixed with *006 to the VoIPBuster Trunk
manually

*020|4XX - This routes any number from 400 to 499, prefixed with *020 to
the VoIPBuster Trunk

*020|5XX - This routes any number from 500 to 599, prefixed with *020 to
the VoIPBuster Trunk

*020|6XX - This routes any number from 600 to 699, prefixed with *020 to
the VoIPBuster Trunk

*020|8XX - This routes any number from 800 to 899, prefixed with *020 to
the VoIPBuster Trunk

0|Z. - This routes any numbers starting with a 0 to the VoIPBuster
Trunk, removing the 0

6. - This routes all numbers starting with a 6 to the VoIPBuster
Trunk

7. - This routes all numbers starting with a 7 to the VoIPBuster
Trunk

8. - This routes all numbers starting with a 8 to the VoIPBuster
Trunk

********************************

Trunks - VoIPBuster - Dial Rules {this is for calls passed from Outbound
Routing - VoIPBuster - Dial Patterns)

0044+XXXXXXXXXX - This Routes all 10 digit numbers to VoIPBuster, adding
0044 to the beginning, this so I can dial a full UK number, without having
to ad 0044 and drop the leading 0 (This is what VoIPBuster is expecting to
see)

00441689+XXXXXX - This routes all 6 digit numbers to VoIPBuster, adding
00441689 to the beginning (Calls in my area code, so I only need to dial the
local number, just like a normal land line)

[This section below is for routing special numbers, the ??? should be real
numbers, but for privacy, they are shown as ?'s]

0044208???+4XX - This routes all three digit codes, starting 4 to
VoIPBuster, adding the rest of the number to the beginning, so I can call
people in my first office just by dialling *020 followed by their extension
number

0044208???+8XX - This routes all three digit codes, starting 4 to
VoIPBuster, adding the rest of the number to the beginning, so I can call
people in my second office just by dialling *020 followed by their extension
number

00441372???+6XX - This routes all three digit codes, starting 4 to
VoIPBuster, adding the rest of the number to the beginning, so I can call
people in my third office just by dialling *020 followed by their extension
number

00441932???+5XX - This routes all three digit codes, starting 4 to
VoIPBuster, adding the rest of the number to the beginning, so I can call
people in my forth office just by dialling *020 followed by their extension
number

Took me a while to work this out, so I hope it helps someone!

Sparks...