Disabling call transfer feature on VOIPFONE

Old July 23rd 05, 06:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Tim Jenkins

Default Disabling call transfer feature on VOIPFONE

Hi,

I've got a Cisco ATA 186 connected to Voipfone. A couple of numbers that I
dial, require the use of the * and # keys. However, whenever I press # I get
a voice prompt asking where I want to transfer the call to. Is there a way
to disable this so that I can use the # key in response to voice prompts
when I need to ?

Cheers,
Tim.

Old July 23rd 05, 09:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Lee

"Tim Jenkins" wrote in message
Hi,

I've got a Cisco ATA 186 connected to Voipfone. A couple of numbers that I
dial, require the use of the * and # keys. However, whenever I press # I
get
a voice prompt asking where I want to transfer the call to. Is there a way
to disable this so that I can use the # key in response to voice prompts
when I need to ?

It is true that the # key triggers the "call forwarding" feature for
voipfone accounts. I imagine that this feature would have to be turned off
at their end.

Their support service is extremely responsive.
http://www.voipfone.co.uk/index.php?action=Email