Grandstream ATA-hardware with several SIP-accounts?

Old July 28th 05, 03:19 PM posted to de.comm.internet.telefonie,it.tlc.telefonia.voip,uk.telecom.voip,comp.dcom.voice-over-ip
Roger Vanderheyden

Default Grandstream ATA-hardware with several SIP-accounts?

Hello,

Since a while I'm using a Grandstream HT-286 SIP-adapter. It's working fine,
but it has the limitation that it only can handle 1 SIP-account. I'm using
several SIP-accounts by several registrars (including local phonenumbers in
different countries), but unfortunately the Grandstream equipment can only
handle 1 SIP account. For example, the AVM Fritz!Box Fon
((http://www.avm.de/en/Produkte/FRITZB...e_Details.html)
can handle up to 10 different SIP accounts simultaneous. I know that there
are services like SipSnip.de, which can 'bundle' SIP-accounts, but when the
SipSnip server is down, all SIP-accounts are off-line. It's ofcourse more
secure to configure the SIP-accounts in your own equipment. When one service
went down, the others are working fine. I would like to ask Grandstream
owners, to drop a line at and asking for adding this
feature in the next firmware upgrade. Only if you need this feature ofcourse
:-). It would be great if we could add +/- 5 SIP accounts to the Grandstream
HT-286 / HT-486 hardware. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Roger Vanderheijden

Old July 29th 05, 06:22 PM posted to de.comm.internet.telefonie,it.tlc.telefonia.voip,uk.telecom.voip,comp.dcom.voice-over-ip
ubifone

Dear Roger,

There is an advanced model of Grandstream that allows two phones to be
connected simultaneously, but I wouldn't recommend it since it can affect
the performance at this stage.

You can use it only if you're connected with fast internet and your
internet traffic is not heavy.

You're welcome to visit my site and get know about MoVoIP too.

http://www.uninumber.ubifone.com/

Wish you all the best.
Sam.
Roger Vanderheyden wrote:

[...]

http://www.cabling-design.com/forums
de.comm.internet.telefonie,it.tlc.telefonia.voip,u k.telecom.voip,comp.dcom.voice-over-ip - messages and counting!