Grandstream ATA-hardware with several SIP-accounts?

Old July 28th 05, 05:06 PM posted to de.comm.internet.telefonie,it.tlc.telefonia.voip,uk.telecom.voip
Roger Vanderheyden

Default Grandstream ATA-hardware with several SIP-accounts?

Hello,

Since a while I'm using a Grandstream HT-286 SIP-adapter. It's working fine,
but it has the limitation that it only can handle 1 SIP-account. I'm using
several SIP-accounts by several registrars (including local phonenumbers in
different countries), but unfortunately the Grandstream equipment can only
handle 1 SIP account. For example, the AVM Fritz!Box Fon
((http://www.avm.de/en/Produkte/FRITZB...e_Details.html)
can handle up to 10 different SIP accounts simultaneous. I know that there
are services like SipSnip.de, which can 'bundle' SIP-accounts, but when the
SipSnip server is down, all SIP-accounts are off-line. It's ofcourse more
secure to configure the SIP-accounts in your own equipment. When one service
went down, the others are working fine. I would like to ask Grandstream
owners, to drop a line at and asking for adding this
feature in the next firmware upgrade. Only if you need this feature ofcourse
:-). It would be great if we could add +/- 5 SIP accounts to the Grandstream
HT-286 / HT-486 hardware. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Roger Vanderheijden

Old July 28th 05, 08:04 PM posted to de.comm.internet.telefonie,it.tlc.telefonia.voip,uk.telecom.voip
Nick

((http://www.avm.de/en/Produkte/FRITZB...chnische_Detai

We heard you the first time @ 28 July 2005 15:19

Old July 29th 05, 02:49 AM posted to de.comm.internet.telefonie,it.tlc.telefonia.voip,uk.telecom.voip
Roger Vanderheyden

We heard you the first time @ 28 July 2005 15:19

Excuse me Nick. I've had a problem with the news-server.

Regards,
Roger

Old July 29th 05, 02:54 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Roger Vanderheyden

"RH" wrote in message

I think you will find it is impossible to do what you ask. VOIP Products
are limited by their chip sets and hardware
including memory, doing what you ask is probably wayout of what the
hardware can do, at least it is on other chipsets like PA1688. Its like a
car, you can chip the ECUof a diesel polo, but you can't turn it into a
petrol powered supercar

I don't know the technical limits behind the hardware. I thought it would be
a pure software (firmware) issue, but I can understand that there is a
hardware limitation. :-(

Regards,
Roger

Old July 31st 05, 08:54 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
VoIP Knowledge

Why don't you go for one of the new Grandstream ATAs which support 2 lines
(ATA-496?), or go with the new Grandstream GXP-2000 which can handle up to
13 lines.

http://www.voiptalk.org/products/GXP...e+IP+Telephone

Old July 31st 05, 04:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian Mulligan

"VoIP Knowledge" wrote in message
Why don't you go for one of the new Grandstream ATAs which support 2 lines
(ATA-496?), or go with the new Grandstream GXP-2000 which can handle up to
13 lines.

http://www.voiptalk.org/products/GXP...e+IP+Telephone

The GXP-2000 works fine with multiple SIP accounts (I have one at home). The
handset is seems light and flimsy however (even less weight to than the
Budgetone 101!).

Brian