Voipcheap problem - please help a newbie.

Old July 29th 05, 08:16 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
JohnT

Default Voipcheap problem - please help a newbie.

Until yesterday I had no knowledge at all of voip, until I downloaded
Voipcheap and bought a Plantronics DSP-400 USB headset. When I use Voipcheap
to dial my own (or any other) POTS number I get a beep through the headset
for each digit I enter on the keyboard. The called number then rings, but
when the phone is answered I can't hear anything - either outgoing or
incoming.

There was 2 Euros free credit on Skype with the headset so I downloaded and
set up Skype and it works perfectly. But Voipcheap is free for UK calls, but
I can't get it to work. If anyone could point me in the right direction I
would be grateful. I am conversant with computers, but am a total newcomer
to voip.

JohnT

Old July 29th 05, 08:38 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Phil Thompson

On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 08:16:06 +0100, "JohnT"
wrote:

But Voipcheap is free for UK calls, but
I can't get it to work. If anyone could point me in the right direction I
would be grateful. I am conversant with computers, but am a total newcomer
to voip.

how are you connecting ? firewalls can obstruct VoIP.

Phil
--
spamcop.net address commissioned 18/06/04
Come on down !

Old July 29th 05, 12:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Stefan Kaniuk

would be grateful. I am conversant with computers, but am a total newcomer
to voip.

JohnT

well perhaps you should try a more professional and all together moredecent
and reliable outfit

www.vonage.co.uk

Old July 29th 05, 09:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Derrick Fawsitt

In message , Stefan Kaniuk
writes

would be grateful. I am conversant with computers, but am a total newcomer
to voip.

JohnT

well perhaps you should try a more professional and all together moredecent
and reliable outfit

www.vonage.co.uk

Maybe, but VoIPCheap "seems" to offer some free calls, (see my query
elsewhere in this newsgroup).
--
Derrick Fawsitt
Old July 30th 05, 02:01 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Martin²

Dexter:
Vonage offer has many free calls has you want to the UK and Ireland
and the USA till the end of the month all you pay is 9.99 subscription
pr month .

£9.99 per month is FAR FROM FREE !!!

Voipbuster for 1 Euro for past few months is as close to FREE as you likely
to get.
OK it isn't perfect, but the price IS. Voipcheap is the same co. so it
should be too.
Regards,
Martin

Old July 30th 05, 12:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh co.uk:
On Sat, 30 Jul 2005 07:57:19 +0100, Al wrote:

On Sat, 30 Jul 2005 00:16:13 +0100, co.uk wrote:

May be but it is true I got an email two days ago from 18866 saying
they couldn't collect 2.70 by DD from my bank I have a statement
here showing 2.70 paid to Connect telecom on the 12th of July by DD
.

What's that got to do with this thread?

18866 are the scum bags that also operate cheapskate and other
companies .

Hmm, "Whatever" seems to be a good phrase to use on that reply.