VoIPCheap or not?

Old July 29th 05, 09:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Derrick Fawsitt

Default VoIPCheap or not?

VoIPCheap says the following regarding its offer of "free" calls to
selected countries land lines, I quote :-

"You can now make FREE calls to several countries. These calls are
limited to 1 minute per call.
If you want UNLIMITED free calls, all you have to do is go to our
website and buy 1 pound credit."

End of quote.

Do they mean a once off payment of one pound sterling and then UNLIMITED
calls to these selected countries are free and if so, are they
reputable, after all, they will then have the details of a customers
credit card.

I would be most grateful for advice, so far I have registered and have
tried a free call only to be cut off after two minutes.

--
Derrick Fawsitt
Old July 29th 05, 09:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Derrick Fawsitt:
VoIPCheap says the following regarding its offer of "free" calls to
selected countries land lines, I quote :-

"You can now make FREE calls to several countries. These calls are
limited to 1 minute per call.
If you want UNLIMITED free calls, all you have to do is go to our
website and buy 1 pound credit."

End of quote.

Do they mean a once off payment of one pound sterling and then
UNLIMITED calls to these selected countries are free and if so, are
they reputable, after all, they will then have the details of a
customers credit card.

I would be most grateful for advice, so far I have registered and have
tried a free call only to be cut off after two minutes.

It's 1 Euro, so less than a pound.

You pay your 1 Euro and yes you can make unlimited calls to a few landlines
for free. You get cut off after an hour, you just redial.

You may want to look at their sister company www.voipbuster.com they have more
free destinations.

They are a very reputable company, they are behind 18866, 1899 and numerous
dial through services.

For Free £10 credit when you get referred to TalkTalk or £5 when referred to
easyMobile contact me via above site.

Old July 29th 05, 09:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Troy

{{{{{Welcome}}}}} Woofed :

It's 1 Euro, so less than a pound.

It cost me £1

What did I do wrong ? :-)
--
Regards,

Troy the Black Lab.
Old July 29th 05, 10:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Nick

"Troy" wrote in message
{{{{{Welcome}}}}} Woofed :

It's 1 Euro, so less than a pound.

It cost me £1

What did I do wrong ? :-)
--
Regards,

Troy the Black Lab.

You live in the UK, or you told them you live in the UK.
If you pay via PayPal, then no card details are forwarded
to the service provider.

Old July 29th 05, 10:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Troy

Al Woofed :

On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 21:54:58 +0100, Troy wrote:

It cost me £1

It's advertised at €1.

What did I do wrong ? :-)

Since you're signed up for getting unlimited free calls to certain
destinations, how much fuss are you prepared to make over a few pence?

Don't wish to make any fuss at all - see my smiley.

I'm *not* complaining - it's a good deal :-)

Just wondered ..... that's all ...
--
Regards,

Troy the Black Lab.
Old July 30th 05, 02:16 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Martin²

{}:
They are a very reputable company, they are behind 18866, 1899 and numerous
dial through services.

Well, they have been going a while and provide cheap calls, but they are
near impossible to contact, don't appear to have UK presence...

So IMHO 'very reputable' isn't justified just yet.
Regards,
Martin

Old July 30th 05, 08:20 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Nick

"Al" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 30 Jul 2005 02:16:50 +0100, Martin² wrote:

Well, they have been going a while and provide cheap calls, but they are
near impossible to contact, don't appear to have UK presence...

So IMHO 'very reputable' isn't justified just yet.

Dexter will be along shortly selling Vonage. He quibbles about 30p but
yet waxes lyrical the virtues of Vonage prising £9.99/month from him.

What's this 30p you keep quoting?

Oh please don't tell me it's 1 Euro.

Live mid-market rates as of 2005.07.30 07:13:43 UTC.
1.00 Euro = 0.689602 GBP
United Kingdom Pounds
1 GBP = 1.45011 EUR

http://www.xe.com/ucc/convert.cgi

Old July 30th 05, 12:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Derrick Fawsitt

In message , {{{{{Welcome}}}}}
writes
It's 1 Euro, so less than a pound.

You pay your 1 Euro and yes you can make unlimited calls to a few landlines
for free. You get cut off after an hour, you just redial.

No, after all the discussion subsequently in this thread I was correct
in my original post because although it says one euro "on the website",
when I registered with them I got a confirming "email" saying one pound.
So we are both correct and if anyone doubts me I will gladly forward the
original email I got on registering, minus my password details of
course.
Finally, how do I go about paying them by Paypal?
--
Derrick Fawsitt
Old July 30th 05, 04:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Nick

"Derrick Fawsitt" wrote in message
In message , {{{{{Welcome}}}}}
writes
It's 1 Euro, so less than a pound.

You pay your 1 Euro and yes you can make unlimited calls to a few

landlines
for free. You get cut off after an hour, you just redial.

No, after all the discussion subsequently in this thread I was correct
in my original post because although it says one euro "on the website",
when I registered with them I got a confirming "email" saying one pound.
So we are both correct and if anyone doubts me I will gladly forward the
original email I got on registering, minus my password details of
course.
Finally, how do I go about paying them by Paypal?
--
Derrick Fawsitt

Click on the Paypal icon!
https://myaccount.voipcheap.co.uk/clx/
https://myaccount.voipcheap.co.uk/cl....php?part=menu
https://myaccount.voipcheap.co.uk/clx/buy_credit.php
https://myaccount.voipcheap.co.uk/clx/buy_credit_pp.php

Old July 30th 05, 07:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Derrick Fawsitt

In message , Nick
writes

Click on the Paypal icon!

Thanks Nick, I should have seen that as its the same as VoIPCheap.
--
Derrick Fawsitt