Cost Of Calls to SkypeIn

Old July 30th 05, 10:41 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
R.Daneel Olivaw

Default Cost Of Calls to SkypeIn

I use Skype normally from calls to and from Malaysia - my wife's family has
a PC with Skype and they chat for hours!

My son is going on holiday to Minorca soon and I was wondering if I got a
SkypeIn number would it be cheaper for him to call that from his Orange
Contact Mobile or would it still be cheaper to call my landline?

Old July 30th 05, 12:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh R.Daneel Olivaw:
I use Skype normally from calls to and from Malaysia - my wife's
family has a PC with Skype and they chat for hours!

My son is going on holiday to Minorca soon and I was wondering if I
got a SkypeIn number would it be cheaper for him to call that from
his Orange Contact Mobile or would it still be cheaper to call my
landline?

Depends on what country you have the number from, if it is a UK number such as
020, it will cost the same as calls to your usual landline number.

For Free 10 credit when you get referred to TalkTalk or 5 when referred to
easyMobile contact me via above site.

Old July 30th 05, 01:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
F9

"R.Daneel Olivaw" wrote in message
I use Skype normally from calls to and from Malaysia - my wife's family has
a PC with Skype and they chat for hours!

My son is going on holiday to Minorca soon and I was wondering if I got a
SkypeIn number would it be cheaper for him to call that from his Orange
Contact Mobile or would it still be cheaper to call my landline?

Without analysing it I would say its cheaper for you to call his hotel, or
mobile than for him to call you on a mobile.

Old August 12th 05, 09:12 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Peter

On Sat, 30 Jul 2005 10:41:03 +0100, "R.Daneel Olivaw"
wrote:

I use Skype normally from calls to and from Malaysia - my wife's family has
a PC with Skype and they chat for hours!

My son is going on holiday to Minorca soon and I was wondering if I got a
SkypeIn number would it be cheaper for him to call that from his Orange
Contact Mobile or would it still be cheaper to call my landline?

The cheapest way for your son to call from Menorca and the cheapest
way to receive calls when there would be to purchase a Spanish SIM
card either before leaving or upon arrival.

AIUI, Orange will charge your son 120p per minute to make a call to
the UK and 60p per minute to receive a call

Best avoid roaming if at all possible - it's a VERY expensive rip-off
--
Cheers

Peter

Please remove the invalid to reply