Asterisk & Compatible handsets info please

Old July 31st 05, 04:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Mr Corbett

Default Asterisk & Compatible handsets info please

Can someone give me some information please?

I have an Asterisk server running 2 Software SIP phones the both phones can

call internally and externally.

My question is would the Yamamoto 1025 USB LCD Hand Set work with asterisk.

I know their SIP enabled, but I would like some clarification.

Also what would be the minimum specification for a server for 8 users?

Many thanks,

Craig

Old July 31st 05, 05:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
JuliusP

If you're talking USB SIP phone then this more than likely works in
conjunction with a softphone frontend, I think you'd be better with a
SIP Hardphone

If you want a SIP hardphone, then there are lots to choose from, visit
http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index....ge=VOIP+Phones for more info

A good Pentium 3 1000 or greater should do the trick OK

Old July 31st 05, 09:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Sparks

A good Pentium 3 1000 or greater should do the trick OK

Mine runs fine on a PIII 500 with 128MB RAM & 12GB HDD!

Old July 31st 05, 09:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

"Sparks" wrote in message
.. .
A good Pentium 3 1000 or greater should do the trick OK

Mine runs fine on a PIII 500 with 128MB RAM & 12GB HDD!

450MHz here, running merrily.

Old August 1st 05, 02:34 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Stuart Millington

On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 15:54:41 GMT, "Mr Corbett"
wrote:

My question is would the Yamamoto 1025 USB LCD Hand Set work with asterisk.
I know their SIP enabled, but I would like some clarification.

If the "phone" connects to a computer via USB, then it is NOT "SIP
enabled", it is merely a speaker+mic for a piece of software running
on the PC.

Use a real "hard phone" (as others have suggested) or an ATA.

Also what would be the minimum specification for a server for 8 users?

Is that 8 users/extensions or 8 concurrent calls? Unless all the
users/extensions are likely to be in use at the same time, you don't
need to provision for 100% utilisation in most cases. However, a
decent P3 or a low-end P4 sounds OK for this.

- Stuart Millington ALL HTML e-mail rejected -
- mailtohttp://w3.z-add.co.uk/ -
Old August 1st 05, 09:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ian

"Jono" wrote in message
. uk...

"Sparks" wrote in message
.. .
A good Pentium 3 1000 or greater should do the trick OK

Mine runs fine on a PIII 500 with 128MB RAM & 12GB HDD!

450MHz here, running merrily.

Well
Dual P1.4 runs fine
P800 runs fine
Dual P200 runs fine
and even P266 runs voip only OK

And when I get the time I will see if I can get a Tosh Libretto with CF card
wil run it !

Ian