Can't find stock of this ATA

Old August 2nd 05, 01:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
PhilÅ

Default Can't find stock of this ATA

Hello

I signed up yesterday with sipgate, what a great system...

Anyways 24 hours of research I have decided I want a Linksys WRT54GP2

Wireless Broadband router with 2 voip ports.

Main reason for this is that I need a new router anyway with wireless, and
this fits the bill.

The EU and UK versions are not locked to at&t also.

Problem is, no one has any stock, some people have purchased from BBB, but
upon emailing them they say release date is Sept. So confused.

Does anyone know where I can get one from??

Cheers

Old August 2nd 05, 02:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Me

No one has one in stock???

Have you tried

http://www.broadbandstuff.co.uk/prod...roducts_id=354

Me

Old August 2nd 05, 04:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
PhilÅ

wrote:

Hello

I signed up yesterday with sipgate, what a great system...

Anyways 24 hours of research I have decided I want a Linksys WRT54GP2

Wireless Broadband router with 2 voip ports.

Main reason for this is that I need a new router anyway with wireless, and
this fits the bill.

The EU and UK versions are not locked to at&t also.

Problem is, no one has any stock, some people have purchased from BBB, but
upon emailing them they say release date is Sept. So confused.

Does anyone know where I can get one from??

Cheers

Just spoken to them, 2-3 weeks.

Also Broad band buyer mid sept, but may get one or two in aug..

Old August 2nd 05, 11:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
PhilÅ

"Al" wrote in message
On Tue, 02 Aug 2005 14:33:31 +0100, Me wrote:

No one has one in stock???

Have you tried

http://www.broadbandstuff.co.uk/prod...roducts_id=354

Take a look at the small print and you'll see that it seems to be
locked to AT&T CallVantage.

Only the US version, they have copied the US description.

The EU and UK models are unlocked, had a live support chat with linksys who
confirmed this yesterday.

Philip: Hi dexter, I am in the process of purchasing the WRT54GP2.
Dexter S(18199): Okay.
Philip: I really need it to work ok with xbox live but on the web site
(xbox) it is not listed as a compatable product. The xbox site list has not
been updated for ages, will this product be compatable with the service??
Dexter S(18199): It may or may not work, xbox basically listed the routers
that were tested on their console.
Philip: I currently use a edimax router which works ok, although it is not
listed by xbox. A see a lot of linksys ones are ok, but this newer model is
not listed as compatable or not. But as a support person, you have not had
complaints that it will not work have you?? It should be ok?
Dexter S(18199): Yes, correct, no problems with that router.
Philip: Ok cheers, and I understand that the US models are locked to At&t
for the voip, but the EU models (for me) are not??
Dexter S(18199): yes.

Old August 2nd 05, 11:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Phil Thompson

On Tue, 02 Aug 2005 22:28:49 GMT, "PhilÅ"
wrote:

Philip: Ok cheers, and I understand that the US models are locked to At&t
for the voip, but the EU models (for me) are not??
Dexter S(18199): yes.

leading the witness there :-)

try to ask questions that get more than yes or no answers.

for example "what restrictions are there on the services I can use
with this equipment"

Phil
--
Remember - Global Warming is only a weather forecast :-)
Old August 3rd 05, 12:30 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
PhilÅ

wrote:

Philip: Ok cheers, and I understand that the US models are locked to At&t
for the voip, but the EU models (for me) are not??
Dexter S(18199): yes.

leading the witness there :-)

try to ask questions that get more than yes or no answers.

for example "what restrictions are there on the services I can use
with this equipment"

Hi Phil

I had also checked this on other forums,

i.e. the review at

http://www.broadbandbuyer.co.uk/Shop...opGrou pID=77