Voicemail system on a windows PC

Old August 2nd 05, 02:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
JPG

Default Voicemail system on a windows PC

I need to be able to set up a voicemail system on a Windows XPH PC that allows
me to record at least two different outgoing messages. These messages would
become valid at different times of day. Eg, during business hours an
appropriate outgoing business message allowing the caller to record a message.
Outside business hours a different outgoing message with the recording facility
turned off.

Previous responders have mentioned Asterix, but the information on it seems
overly technical and I am not convinced it is stable or even appropriate for
Windows (XPH).

I have so far only tinkered with Sipgate and X-lite and have used it to call
0800 numbers and receive calls, but the whole experience has been
unsatisfactory, as I need the PC speakers turned up to hear an incoming call, I
then have to grab the headset and turn the speakers down, an overly complicated
procedure when just using a telephone. I have been reluctant to spend on VOIP
phones or ATAs as I'm not sure I wish to go down this route yet. As I have
cable broadband there could be some savings for me. Any suggestions?

JPG

Old August 5th 05, 11:00 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Angus Comber

There is an Asterisk port for Windows - but I hear it is really for Windows
people to install and test. It is surely well over the top for what you
need anyway. Asterisk is a full PBX with EVERYTHING!

Why don't you just buy a modem - they usually come with voicemail software.
Just use that.

Angus