asterisk question

Old August 2nd 05, 11:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
JC

Default asterisk question

On Tue, 02 Aug 2005 19:04:30 GMT, "example"
wrote:

my asterisk is connected to POTS via clone FXO card.
on incoming call Asterisk takes about 4 or 5 rings to pickup.. how can i
speed it up?

Do you have callerID and the UK callerID patch installed? The reason I
ask is I've found that the UK callerID patch helped immensely in
speeding up ring detection on lines with callerID enabled.

Rgds
Jonathan