Cisco manager express & IAX ? help

Old August 3rd 05, 11:07 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Mr Corbett

Default Cisco manager express & IAX ? help

Hi I have Cisco call centre manager express router and a switch with 3 IP
phones, can I use a VoIP IAX provider with the CME to make external calls to
PSTN ?

If so can someone point me in the right directions to get some instructions
etc ?

Thanks,

Craig.

Old August 3rd 05, 04:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
John Daragon

Mr Corbett wrote:
Hi I have Cisco call centre manager express router and a switch with 3 IP
phones, can I use a VoIP IAX provider with the CME to make external calls to
PSTN ?

If so can someone point me in the right directions to get some instructions
etc ?

I'm pretty sure (and Cisco's documentation seems to back me up here...)
that CME doesn't support IAX2. Which isn't really surprising as it's
not really documented anywhere at the moment and is sort of developing
underfoot.

jd

--

John Daragon
argv[0] limited (Asterisk implementation & consultancy)

Old August 3rd 05, 05:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Thomas Rankin

John Daragon wrote:
Mr Corbett wrote:

Hi I have Cisco call centre manager express router and a switch with 3
IP phones, can I use a VoIP IAX provider with the CME to make external
calls to PSTN ?

If so can someone point me in the right directions to get some
instructions etc ?

I'm pretty sure (and Cisco's documentation seems to back me up here...)
that CME doesn't support IAX2. Which isn't really surprising as it's
not really documented anywhere at the moment and is sort of developing
underfoot.

jd

Could he not set up asterisk as a proxy?
I'm presuming the call centre manager express router uses SCCP.
Old August 3rd 05, 05:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
JC

On Wed, 03 Aug 2005 16:41:24 GMT, Thomas Rankin
wrote:

Could he not set up asterisk as a proxy?
I'm presuming the call centre manager express router uses SCCP.

If Call Manger Express is similar to Call Manager you can create a SIP
trunk to an Asterisk box and then use any other protocol from there
with Asterisk transcoding the codecs etc as needed.

Note that Callmanager standard will only use G711 on SIP trunks and
without authentication, so an Asterisk box or similar will probable be
needed even to use SIP services that require registration or another
codec.

Rgds
Jonathan

Old August 5th 05, 12:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
John Daragon

Thomas Rankin wrote:
John Daragon wrote:

Mr Corbett wrote:

Hi I have Cisco call centre manager express router and a switch with
3 IP phones, can I use a VoIP IAX provider with the CME to make
external calls to PSTN ?

If so can someone point me in the right directions to get some
instructions etc ?

I'm pretty sure (and Cisco's documentation seems to back me up
here...) that CME doesn't support IAX2. Which isn't really surprising
as it's not really documented anywhere at the moment and is sort of
developing underfoot.

jd

Could he not set up asterisk as a proxy?
I'm presuming the call centre manager express router uses SCCP.

Yup. He could. But that's not what he's asking. And if he had an
Asterisk box, he wouldn't need CME, would he ? :-)

jd