Linksys PAP2 - Cheapest supplier

Old August 3rd 05, 06:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Default Linksys PAP2 - Cheapest supplier

Where is the cheapest place to buy a Linksys PAP2 ATA from including any P&P
(not one locked to a provider).

Also I read somewhere on here about a service that allows you to group several
accounts into one allowing you to receive calls from all numbers onto one
holding account. I've tried searching and come up with nothing.

For Free 10 credit when you get referred to TalkTalk or 5 when referred to
easyMobile contact me via above site.

Old August 3rd 05, 06:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
sean

http://www.broadbandstuff.co.uk/

I just ordered one from http://www.broadbandbuyer.co.uk/ though
Old August 3rd 05, 08:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
sean

Al wrote:
On Wed, 03 Aug 2005 18:22:57 +0100, Sean wrote:

{{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:

Also I read somewhere on here about a service that allows you to group several
accounts into one allowing you to receive calls from all numbers onto one
holding account. I've tried searching and come up with nothing.

http://www.broadbandstuff.co.uk/

Where is the bit about the service that the previous poster asked for?

I did not know about that, so just mentioned a supplier
Old August 4th 05, 08:28 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Phil Thompson

On Wed, 3 Aug 2005 18:20:31 +0100, "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}"
wrote:

Also I read somewhere on here about a service that allows you to group several
accounts into one allowing you to receive calls from all numbers onto one
holding account. I've tried searching and come up with nothing.

not thinking of people running Asterisk where a server registers to
many services and then you register a phone or ATA to the server and
set it up to get calls from all of the services ?

Phil
--
Remember - Global Warming is only a weather forecast :-)
Old August 4th 05, 01:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
NoSpam

http://www.broadbandstuff.co.uk/

Is it true you need to buy adapters for the PAP2 for them to work with UK
phones as one of the reviews on this site implies?

Old August 4th 05, 02:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Phil Thompson

On Thu, 4 Aug 2005 13:38:13 +0100, "NoSpam"
wrote:

Is it true you need to buy adapters for the PAP2 for them to work with UK
phones as one of the reviews on this site implies?

it has RJ11 sockets so a BT plug doesn't fit. An RJ11-BT adaptor
without a bell capacitor may mean the phone doesn't ring (an ADSL
microfilter fixes that)

Phil
--
Remember - Global Warming is only a weather forecast :-)
Old August 4th 05, 04:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
sean

NoSpam wrote:
http://www.broadbandstuff.co.uk/

Is it true you need to buy adapters for the PAP2 for them to work with UK
phones as one of the reviews on this site implies?

Yep, will need those.

I've just got it...wow tiny! And its rather cool
Old August 5th 05, 02:07 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
JC

wrote:

Is it true you need to buy adapters for the PAP2 for them to work with UK
phones as one of the reviews on this site implies?

Both the PAP2s that I bought from broadbandbuyer didn't come with BT
adaptors so yes, you'd need these as well. A bit silly if you ask me
as they must be pennies for the manufacturers but can be 2 to 5
from stores.

Rgds
Jonathan