Sipgate Voicemail is CRAP

Old August 3rd 05, 10:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Neil

Default Sipgate Voicemail is CRAP

Hi,

I recently got myself a sipgate account, and the voicemail is pathetic!
Everytime you call it you get either a different voice, a german women, or a
mixture of two or three voices all on the same session. Whats the crack
here then?? What a F**K up...

Neil

Old August 3rd 05, 10:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ian

"Neil" wrote in message
Hi,

I recently got myself a sipgate account, and the voicemail is pathetic!
Everytime you call it you get either a different voice, a german women, or

mixture of two or three voices all on the same session. Whats the crack
here then?? What a F**K up...

Neil

Dont worry they are working on it, But hey it free..;-)

(BTW the above is meant as sarcasm)

And getting studio recorded voices is too expensive for them

Old August 3rd 05, 10:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
LanMan

Ian wrote:
"Neil" wrote in message

Hi,

I recently got myself a sipgate account, and the voicemail is pathetic!
Everytime you call it you get either a different voice, a german women, or

mixture of two or three voices all on the same session. Whats the crack
here then?? What a F**K up...

Neil

Dont worry they are working on it, But hey it free..;-)

(BTW the above is meant as sarcasm)

And getting studio recorded voices is too expensive for them

And how anoyying is that voice that announces 'there has been and error'
when dialing half the time. He sounds like some chav trying to do BBC posh.

This company is so bad I've given up and left a fiver in my a/c as I
cannot put up with the problems any more. Trying vopifone now.

They should allow you to withdraw unspent cash or find a way to allow
you to donate to charity. I suspect this ain't a priority for them.

Old August 3rd 05, 10:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Neil M

"LanMan" wrote in message

He sounds like some chav trying to do BBC posh.

Whats a Chav? Lanman

Neil

Old August 3rd 05, 10:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
PhilÅ

It is free, and I like the way it emails you the voice message as a
attachment, and you can record your own message.

Old August 3rd 05, 11:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"LanMan" wrote in message
Ian wrote:

[snip]

Dont worry they are working on it, But hey it free..;-)

(BTW the above is meant as sarcasm)

And getting studio recorded voices is too expensive for them

Not so much that as time consuming. There are over 140 separate
announcements to record..!

And how anoyying is that voice that announces 'there has been and error'
when dialing half the time. He sounds like some chav trying to do BBC
posh.

Half the time..? As in 50%..? I have never heard this message in nearly 12
months of using Sipgate. By the law of averages I should have done a few
times by now.

This company is so bad I've given up and left a fiver in my a/c as I
cannot put up with the problems any more. Trying vopifone now.

I know people think I have some financial interest in Sipgate, but
honestly I don't..! But although I have had problems I haven't experienced
half the troubles that some people seem to.

They should allow you to withdraw unspent cash or find a way to allow
you to donate to charity. I suspect this ain't a priority for them.

A good idea..! Email them and suggest it..!

Ivor

Old August 3rd 05, 11:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
George

He sounds like some chav trying to do BBC posh.

Whats a Chav? Lanman

Neil

A Chav - Known north of the border as a ned. They generally dress in
sportswear and Burberry. See the link below for more details!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chav

George

Old August 3rd 05, 11:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
sean

LanMan wrote:
Ian wrote:

"Neil" wrote in message

[...]

Can you please email me? I want to have a chat to you about voipfone!

Thanks .. remove NOSPAM
Old August 3rd 05, 11:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Neil M

"George" wrote in message

He sounds like some chav trying to do BBC posh.

Whats a Chav? Lanman

Neil

A Chav - Known north of the border as a ned. They generally dress in
sportswear and Burberry. See the link below for more details!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chav

George

Arrh, thanks for that George!
'male chav may sometimes be referred to as a chavster and a female as a
chavette'

I used to run a Vauxhall Chavette : )

Old August 3rd 05, 11:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Stuart Millington

On Wed, 3 Aug 2005 23:06:29 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
wrote:

Not so much that as time consuming. There are over 140 separate
announcements to record..!

Each lasting an average of, may be, 30 seconds max. That's 70 minutes
recording time per country... over a year+ you'd have thought that
they'd have gotten around to this instead of still presenting German
voicemail and error messages to UK users... ;-)

- Stuart Millington ALL HTML e-mail rejected -
- mailtohttp://w3.z-add.co.uk/ -