Grandstream GXP-2000

Old August 3rd 05, 10:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Thomas Rankin

Default Grandstream GXP-2000

Has anybody used these phones, they seem to have all the features that
I'd like, and are very pretty, but before I bite the bullet and order
some, I was wondering if anybody here had any experience with them.

They are 149 +VAT from voiptalk, (which is the cheapest price I can find).

Alternatively, can anyone recommend a good solid handset for use in a
busy office?
Old August 3rd 05, 11:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Stuart Millington

On Wed, 03 Aug 2005 21:25:23 GMT, Thomas Rankin
wrote:

They are 149 +VAT from voiptalk, (which is the cheapest price I can find).

Not used them, but I've had
http://www.voiptalk.org/products/GXP...Phone+Twinpack open in
an Opera tab for a few days now, whilst considering buying a pair of
them. The multiple SIP account (I only need 3-4) feature sounds nice -
especially if I can have the same accounts in 2 phones (one at home
and one at work) to allow me to have a single number (well multiple
single numbers!) for both locations.

I have got a Telappliant IP2006 at work at the moment, but if you use
both its LAN & PC ports, it seems to die and need re-booting every day
or so :-(

- Stuart Millington ALL HTML e-mail rejected -
- mailtohttp://w3.z-add.co.uk/ -
Old August 4th 05, 02:20 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Enzo Michelangeli

Thomas Rankin wrote:
Has anybody used these phones, they seem to have all the features that
I'd like, and are very pretty, but before I bite the bullet and order
some, I was wondering if anybody here had any experience with them.

They are 149 +VAT from voiptalk, (which is the cheapest price I can find).

If you are willing to buy across the Pond,
http://www.voipsupply.com/product_in...roducts_id=331 quotes
$109.95 for one and $99.95 for 50+, which should be competitive also if
you factor in the freight charges. I bought from them a Sipura SPA-3000
and they shipped promptly, although at about $40 for delivery to Hong
Kong the S&H charges were about twice of what was subsequently charged
by www.telephonyware.com (but the latter sells no Grandstream models).

Enzo

Old August 4th 05, 09:04 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
John Daragon

Thomas Rankin wrote:
Has anybody used these phones, they seem to have all the features that
I'd like, and are very pretty, but before I bite the bullet and order
some, I was wondering if anybody here had any experience with them.

They are 149 +VAT from voiptalk, (which is the cheapest price I can find).

No comment about the 'phone itself, I'm afraid, but they're 80 + VAT
from http://store.myphonecall.co.uk/store/shopexd.asp?id=4

jd

--

John Daragon
argv[0] limited (Asterisk implementation & consultancy)

Old August 4th 05, 09:10 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
John Daragon

Thomas Rankin wrote:
Has anybody used these phones, they seem to have all the features that
I'd like, and are very pretty, but before I bite the bullet and order
some, I was wondering if anybody here had any experience with them.

They are 149 +VAT from voiptalk, (which is the cheapest price I can find).

Ah.... That'll be a twin pack, then... FXTrying to remove foot from
mouth.../FX

jd

Old August 4th 05, 10:53 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Richard Anderton

In message , John Daragon
writes
Thomas Rankin wrote:
Has anybody used these phones, they seem to have all the features
that I'd like, and are very pretty, but before I bite the bullet and
order some, I was wondering if anybody here had any experience with them.
They are 149 +VAT from voiptalk, (which is the cheapest price I can
find).

No comment about the 'phone itself, I'm afraid, but they're 80 + VAT
from http://store.myphonecall.co.uk/store/shopexd.asp?id=4

jd

I have had one for some time. It has been totally reliable and handles
my two SIP accounts without problem. That being said, the documentation
does assume a reasonable degree of technical knowledge.
--
Richard Anderton
Old August 5th 05, 10:58 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Angus Comber

I use one and find it pretty good. Yes the four SIP accounts feature is
good. I attach to an asterisk. However, I have a problem with handsfree
operation where remote party says can hardy hear me - so I have been holding
handset (I like handsfree operation).

It may be some configuration option - not sure yet.

Angus

Old August 5th 05, 02:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
BKM

"Thomas Rankin" wrote in message
Has anybody used these phones, they seem to have all the features that I'd
like, and are very pretty, but before I bite the bullet and order some, I
was wondering if anybody here had any experience with them.

They are 149 +VAT from voiptalk, (which is the cheapest price I can
find).

Alternatively, can anyone recommend a good solid handset for use in a busy
office?

I am on my second device (the first has a defective handset). It works fine
and the mutiple SIP accounts very handy. It does not support the ilbc codec
even though the doco on the Grandstream claims it does, coming soon in the
new firmware I am told.
The handset is very light (a lot lighter than the previous Budgetone model)
and the build quality only average. Entirely adequate for home use if you
dont need hands free (speaker not too good). I would not install one in an
office.

Brian

Old August 5th 05, 04:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Thomas Rankin

BKM wrote:
[...]

That's a shame, I was looking to put it in an office where it is liable
to get plenty of punishment.

Thanks for the response
Old August 5th 05, 09:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
tony sayer

In article , Thomas Rankin
writes
BKM wrote:
[...]

What would you recommend in its place?.....
--
Tony Sayer