IP Phone with good handsfree operation

Old August 5th 05, 10:49 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Angus Comber

Default IP Phone with good handsfree operation

Hello

I have a Grandstream GXP2000 and while it has hands free operation, if I try
to speak to the remote end in hands free mode they tell me I am very faint -
so I end up having to pick up the handset.

Has anyone experience of an IP phone with good hands free operation?

Angus

Old August 5th 05, 12:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
John Daragon

Angus Comber wrote:
Hello

I have a Grandstream GXP2000 and while it has hands free operation, if I try
to speak to the remote end in hands free mode they tell me I am very faint -
so I end up having to pick up the handset.

Has anyone experience of an IP phone with good hands free operation?

Snom and (especially) Polycom have a good reputation in this area.

Aastra are supposed to be pretty good, too, but I've never used one.

jd

--

John Daragon
argv[0] limited (Asterisk implementation & consultancy)

Old August 5th 05, 09:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Stuart Millington

On Fri, 05 Aug 2005 12:49:32 +0100, John Daragon
wrote:

Aastra are supposed to be pretty good, too, but I've never used one.

Just seen them appear on the VoIPTalk website, but with the following
disclaimer:

"All Aastra IP Phones are currently for PBX use only.
Outbound proxy capability due October 2005."

The features look good for the price, but it may be wise to wait for
the firmware upgrade before buying for general use ;-)

- Stuart Millington ALL HTML e-mail rejected -
- mailtohttp://w3.z-add.co.uk/ -
Old August 6th 05, 10:37 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
VoIP Knowledge

The Aastra phones can currently be used in the following conditions:

1) if you allocate an external IP address to the phone then you have no need
for an outbound proxy and can use it with any service provider.

2) if you want to use the phone with an internal PBX such as Asterisk then
this is fine.

3) if you have DMZ enabled on your router then you can use the phone.

Outbound proxy support is only for situations where you are behind NAT and /
or have multiple devices behind the same router and have a private ip
addressing scheme.

I use Aastra phones over a VPN and they are fine.

V-Knowledge

Old August 6th 05, 02:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
EdR

"John Daragon" schreef in bericht
Angus Comber wrote:
Hello

I have a Grandstream GXP2000 and while it has hands free operation, if I

try
to speak to the remote end in hands free mode they tell me I am very

faint -
so I end up having to pick up the handset.

Has anyone experience of an IP phone with good hands free operation?

Snom and (especially) Polycom have a good reputation in this area.

Aastra are supposed to be pretty good, too, but I've never used one.

I'm really impressed with our Cisco 7940/7960's handsfree operation.(SIP
image)
I remember reading somewhere that they use Polycom's technology for
handsfree. Not sure if that's true...

Erwin.