Draytek 2900 Firmware 2.5.6 - VOIP Settings?

Old August 5th 05, 07:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
John Geddes

Default Draytek 2900 Firmware 2.5.6 - VOIP Settings?

Just updated my Draytek 2900VG to firmware v2.5.6, which has got my
downstream Sipura-2000 working happily, but my the Draytek's two VOIP
(Sipgate) connections have stopped working - even though the upgrade
seems to have kept all customised settings unchanged.

Presumably the default on one or more of the extra options is causing
trouble, but I don't pretend to understand the techology very deeply,
and my groping-int-the-dark trials so far have not hit luck.

For such a sophisticated product, the 27-page hardcopy manual is really
rather meagre, and I've not found anything more comprehensive online.
Nor have I even found any printed documentation that has been updated
for the new firmware.

Can anyone help?

Where before there was one setting for SIP Port (5060) and Registrar
(sipgate.co.uk), now there are separate settings for each line:

SIP Port (both on 5060 - is that right?)
Outbound Proxy (sipgate.co.uk, sipgate.co.uk:0, blank or something else?)
Register via (Auto or WAN?)

I am presuming that Domain, Proxy, Display Name, Account Name,
Authentication ID and Password are all as one would expect.

There is also another new setting I've spotted:

RTP TOS (IP Precedence 5 suggested - but there is a long list of other
options)

Any suggestions gratefully received! In case it makes a difference, I do
not have a fixed IP.

John Geddes

Old August 6th 05, 02:01 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Martin²

Haven't had to chance to upgrade my 2600VGi, but I think you will find the
answers he
http://www.forum.draytek.co.uk/viewf...9936664 37ed3
and see the screenshots in this tread:
http://www.forum.draytek.co.uk/viewt...0b5340b38f2908
HTH
Regards,
Martin

Old August 6th 05, 07:50 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
John Geddes

Martin² wrote:
Haven't had to chance to upgrade my 2600VGi, but I think you will find the
answers he
http://www.forum.draytek.co.uk/viewf...9936664 37ed3
and see the screenshots in this tread:
http://www.forum.draytek.co.uk/viewt...0b5340b38f2908
HTH
Regards,
Martin

Could not reach those links: even with Draytek forum login remembered by
my system, it would take me to a list of forums, or at best to a list of
topics.

Could you quote the topic description for each so that I can find the
postings you mentioned?

Thanks

John Geddes
Old August 7th 05, 02:05 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Martin²

John Geddes:
Could not reach those links: even with Draytek forum login remembered by
my system, it would take me to a list of forums, or at best to a list of
topics.

Forum | Voice-over-IP & SIP | Two registrars please | page 3

Post from 'urgno' dated 24th July has screenshots of the new firmware.
HTH
Regards,
Martin