SPA-3000 Dial Plan with [email protected]

Old August 5th 05, 10:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Sparks

Default SPA-3000 Dial Plan with [email protected]

Okay, Just got my new SPA-3000, seems to be configured OK with my
[email protected] box now!

I can call out on it, Asterisk routs the call as per it's setup (UK Land
lines via VoIPBuster, for example)

I would like all calls to mobile numbers, originating from this box, to
route via a specific carrier, now I have managed to do this with the
following line in the "Line 1" dial plan of the SPA-3000

:*210x.

I then setup my Asterisk dialling rules to recognise the prefix *210, and
route the calls accordingly. (*210|07. is in the route I want all 07 numbers
to route with)

This is fine, however I can't dial internal numbers now!

Can someone point me in the right direction please!
(Or tell me I am going about it all wrong, and enlighten me!)

Sparks...

Old August 5th 05, 10:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

"Sparks" wrote in message
.. .
Okay, Just got my new SPA-3000, seems to be configured OK with my
[email protected] box now!

I can call out on it, Asterisk routs the call as per it's setup (UK Land
lines via VoIPBuster, for example)

I would like all calls to mobile numbers, originating from this box, to
route via a specific carrier, now I have managed to do this with the
following line in the "Line 1" dial plan of the SPA-3000

:*210x.

I then setup my Asterisk dialling rules to recognise the prefix *210, and
route the calls accordingly. (*210|07. is in the route I want all 07
numbers to route with)

This is fine, however I can't dial internal numbers now!

Can someone point me in the right direction please!
(Or tell me I am going about it all wrong, and enlighten me!)

Sparks...

Can you not use the dial settings on the *@h trunk or outbound routing
pages?

I have my spa3k set to dial all numbers xx|x. I think and * takes care of
the routing.

Old August 5th 05, 11:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Andrew Gabriel

In article ,
"Sparks" writes:
Okay, Just got my new SPA-3000, seems to be configured OK with my
[email protected] box now!

I can call out on it, Asterisk routs the call as per it's setup (UK Land
lines via VoIPBuster, for example)

I would like all calls to mobile numbers, originating from this box, to
route via a specific carrier, now I have managed to do this with the
following line in the "Line 1" dial plan of the SPA-3000

:*210x.

Well, that just means prefix all numbers with *210
(subject to its position in the dialplan, which you haven't given).

If you only want 07 numbers prefixed, you probably want something
more like:

07:*21007x.

AFAIK, all 07 numbers are same length, so you can get slightly faster
dialling by giving the length and disabling the timer at the end...

07:*21007xxxxxxxxxS0

--
Andrew Gabriel
Old August 5th 05, 11:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ian

"Sparks" wrote in message
.. .
Okay, Just got my new SPA-3000, seems to be configured OK with my
[email protected] box now!

I can call out on it, Asterisk routs the call as per it's setup (UK Land
lines via VoIPBuster, for example)

I would like all calls to mobile numbers, originating from this box, to
route via a specific carrier, now I have managed to do this with the
following line in the "Line 1" dial plan of the SPA-3000

:*210x.

I then setup my Asterisk dialling rules to recognise the prefix *210, and
route the calls accordingly. (*210|07. is in the route I want all 07

numbers
to route with)

This is fine, however I can't dial internal numbers now!

Can someone point me in the right direction please!
(Or tell me I am going about it all wrong, and enlighten me!)

Hi

What you need to do is pass all digits as dialed to the * box and then let
that do the routing. You can still prefix calls but le * sort out how to
dial them

For example I set things up with
9 for pstn
8 for main voip
6 for voipuser
71 for FWD

when dialing mobiles it doesnt matter what prefix as the time of day routing
controls what carrier they use.

But all phones send digits as dialed.

Ian

Old August 6th 05, 12:01 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Sparks

Well, that just means prefix all numbers with *210
(subject to its position in the dialplan, which you haven't given).

That was the dialplan on the SPA-3000 (then)!

If you only want 07 numbers prefixed, you probably want something
more like:

07:*21007x.

AFAIK, all 07 numbers are same length, so you can get slightly faster
dialling by giving the length and disabling the timer at the end...

07:*21007xxxxxxxxxS0

Thanks for that, I didn't know about the magic S0

My dialplan (On the Line 1 Tab) is now....

0906xS0|118xxxS0|100S0|112S0|999S0|1471S0|1571S0|2 xxS0|0871:*2100871x.|0870:*2100870x.|07:*2100 7xxxxxxxxxS0|[1-8]xxxxxS0|01xxxxxxxxxS0|02xxxxxxxxxS0|*xx|x.

This seems to do exactly what I want now (well, for now anyway!!) :-)

I am assuming all 01 and 02 numbers are 11 digits long (or shorter)
Would this be the correct assumption!?

The reason for doing this is, I want the phones connected to the SPA-3000 to
act just like it was a BT line to the end user, I don't want them to have to
dial any funny prefixes for any calls.
I also want calls placed through the SPA-3000 to route differently to other
SIP phones I have, hence the auto prefixing of *210 which Asterisk picks up,
and routes accordingly.

If there is a better way, please let me know, as you may have guessed, I am
fairly new to Asterisk (and I have only had the SPA-3000 since this
afternoon (First bit of Sipura kit to me!)

Sparks...

Old August 6th 05, 02:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Andrew Gabriel

In article ,
"Sparks" writes:
Well, that just means prefix all numbers with *210
(subject to its position in the dialplan, which you haven't given).

That was the dialplan on the SPA-3000 (then)!

If you only want 07 numbers prefixed, you probably want something
more like:

07:*21007x.

AFAIK, all 07 numbers are same length, so you can get slightly faster
dialling by giving the length and disabling the timer at the end...

07:*21007xxxxxxxxxS0

Thanks for that, I didn't know about the magic S0

My dialplan (On the Line 1 Tab) is now....

0906xS0|118xxxS0|100S0|112S0|999S0|1471S0|1571S0| 2xxS0|0871:*2100871x.|0870:*2100870x.|07:*210 07xxxxxxxxxS0|[1-8]xxxxxS0|01xxxxxxxxxS0|02xxxxxxxxxS0|*xx|x.

0906xS0 looks wrong unless 0906x numbers are all only 5 digits.
You can only use S0 at the end of the number when you are sure
there will be no more digits -- it tells the SPA not to wait
for you to dial another digit.

This seems to do exactly what I want now (well, for now anyway!!) :-)

I am assuming all 01 and 02 numbers are 11 digits long (or shorter)
Would this be the correct assumption!?

No - some 01 numbers are 10 digits.

Here are my own dialstring notes:

999 emergency
1xx. 112, 151, 141..., 1471..., etc.
0[12]xxxxxxxxx STD with max local digits
01xxxxxxxx 01234 etc, with 5 digit local
07xxxxxxxxx mobile, personal
[2-9]xxxx local (in 01234, etc areas with 5 digit local)
[2-9]xxxxx local (in 01234, etc areas with 6 digit local)
[2-9]xxxxxx local (in 0118, etc areas)
[2-9]xxxxxxx local (in 020, etc areas).
0[589]x. Various things like 0500... and others I don't know
00x. international

Some of these can be merged, and only one of the 'local' entries
will be relevant (or possibly two if your area has 5 and 6 digit
local numbers). Here is the dialstring I use (with my own private
VoIP bits starting 000 removed). I make no guarantee it is fully
correct, but it's worked OK so far for me.

(999S0:@gw0|1xx.:@gw0|01xxxxxxxx:@gw0|0[127]xxxxxxxxxS0:@gw0|[2-9]xxxx:@gw0|[2-9]xxxxxS0:@gw0|0[589]x.:@gw0|00[1-9]x.:@gw0)

Note there is no S0 on the end of the 01xxxxxxxx 10 digit entry,
as that would stop the SPA from waiting to see if there is an
11th digit.

--
Andrew Gabriel