Ports 1026 and 1027 on VoIP?

Old August 6th 05, 09:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Tony

Default Ports 1026 and 1027 on VoIP?

Just wondering why I keep getting logged denial of service on ports
1026/1027 from my DG834G. Are these two ports used by VoIP? Im using a
sipura 1001, with the DG834G setup as DMZ on the IP address used by the
sipura. Provider is sipgate.

Comments anyone? Do I need these two ports open, or is it an hack attempt?

Tony

Old August 7th 05, 05:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Mike Zanker

On 6/8/05 21:14, Tony wrote:

Just wondering why I keep getting logged denial of service on ports
1026/1027 from my DG834G. Are these two ports used by VoIP? Im using a
sipura 1001, with the DG834G setup as DMZ on the IP address used by the
sipura. Provider is sipgate.

Comments anyone? Do I need these two ports open, or is it an hack attempt?

It's almost certainly unwanted traffic. These ports are used by the
messenger service (something internal to Windows, not to be confused
with Windows/MSN Messenger). It allows a pop-up message to appear on the
desktop, hence spammers are trying to use this to send spam straight to
the desktop.

I get a few thousand of these per day blocked by my firewall - a common
source address appears to be 218.83.155.175.

Mike.