18866 & VOIP

Old August 7th 05, 06:55 PM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.voip
Peter Morgan - 0870 432 9632

Default 18866 & VOIP

On 7 Aug 2005 18:24, "Dave" wrote:

earlier posts reformatted, removing mine which was thrown in and had no
settings, just suggested uk.telecom.voip :-)

On 07 Aug 2005 17:22:06 GMT, "Stickems." wrote:

"Tony" wrote in message

| You are all talking crap. 18866 has closed VoIP, in favour of VoIPCheap.
| You can no longer use sip.call18866.co.uk, its closed.

You're wrong, I am still using 18866 VoIP with their softphone.

I think you`ll find he's probably right. Your software might be using iax
and not sip. Sip is being phased out on 18866, which means that all sip
based ATAs etc will no longer work with this service.

But 'Tony' did say "18866 has closed VoIP" so if it works with IAX but not
SIP it is hardly 'closed', is it. Anyway, enough of this pantomime :-)))

Follow-up set to uk.telecom.voip Good luck arguing, gentlemen (and Tony) !