A Broadband and ADSL forum. BroadbanterBanter

Welcome to BroadbanterBanter.

You are currently viewing as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today.

Go Back   Home » BroadbanterBanter forum » Newsgroup Discussions » uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP)
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) (uk.telecom.voip) Discussion of topics relevant to packet based voice technologies including Voice over IP (VoIP), Fax over IP (FoIP), Voice over Frame Relay (VoFR), Voice over Broadband (VoB) and Voice on the Net (VoN) as well as service providers, hardware and software for use with these technologies. Advertising is not allowed.

Call diversion to a foreign number


« F | vonage »

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old August 7th 05, 07:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
r_mervart
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 41
Default Call diversion to a foreign number

I apologise if the answer to my question is the general knowledge.
Call diversion on the normal PSTN is done by the Telco (NTL in my case) and
so I cannot save on the second leg of the call because I cannot route it
over the alternative telecomm service providers ( Call 1899, Telediscount
etc). How does this work with VoIP? Would I make a saving if I could and
did divert calls to a foreign country landline or mobile number, in
particular Czech republic?
Thanks
Roman


  #2  
Old August 7th 05, 08:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
sean
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 415
Default Call diversion to a foreign number

r_mervart wrote:
I apologise if the answer to my question is the general knowledge.
Call diversion on the normal PSTN is done by the Telco (NTL in my case) and
so I cannot save on the second leg of the call because I cannot route it
over the alternative telecomm service providers ( Call 1899, Telediscount
etc). How does this work with VoIP? Would I make a saving if I could and
did divert calls to a foreign country landline or mobile number, in
particular Czech republic?
Thanks
Roman


Depends how much traffic you are expecting.. voipfone.co.uk charge 2.3p
a min to Czech Republic...or you can buy minutes and its 1p per min.

You can then divert landline to the 056 number they provide... Or get
people to call the 056 number
  #3  
Old August 7th 05, 10:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
John Blessing
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 17
Default Call diversion to a foreign number

"r_mervart" wrote in message
...
I apologise if the answer to my question is the general knowledge.
Call diversion on the normal PSTN is done by the Telco (NTL in my case)
and
so I cannot save on the second leg of the call because I cannot route it
over the alternative telecomm service providers ( Call 1899, Telediscount
etc). How does this work with VoIP? Would I make a saving if I could and
did divert calls to a foreign country landline or mobile number, in
particular Czech republic?
Thanks
Roman


Interestingly, I was hoping to add a South African tel number to my
"simultaneous ring" list of numbers on vonage. The call via Vonage to SA
would be cheaper than picking up calls on my UK mobile whilst there.

Unfortunately, Vonage don't let you add non-UK numbers to the "simultaneous
ring" list.

I am sure there are others who will tell you their favoured voip provider
does do this ... and so begins another playground argument g

--
John Blessing


  #4  
Old August 8th 05, 09:18 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
r_mervart
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 41
Default Call diversion to a foreign number


"Sean" wrote in message
...
r_mervart wrote:
Would I make a saving if I could and
did divert calls to a foreign country landline or mobile number, in
particular Czech republic?
Thanks
Roman


Depends how much traffic you are expecting.. voipfone.co.uk charge 2.3p
a min to Czech Republic...or you can buy minutes and its 1p per min.

You can then divert landline to the 056 number they provide... Or get
people to call the 056 number


What I need is an option to divert calls made to my UK number (possibly new
VoIP number) to my standard Czech Telecom landline number while I am there.
I do not have broadband in Czech republic.
Roman


  #5  
Old August 8th 05, 10:42 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
sean
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 415
Default Call diversion to a foreign number

r_mervart wrote:
"Sean" wrote in message
...

r_mervart wrote:

Would I make a saving if I could and
did divert calls to a foreign country landline or mobile number, in
particular Czech republic?
Thanks
Roman



Depends how much traffic you are expecting.. voipfone.co.uk charge 2.3p
a min to Czech Republic...or you can buy minutes and its 1p per min.

You can then divert landline to the 056 number they provide... Or get
people to call the 056 number



What I need is an option to divert calls made to my UK number (possibly new
VoIP number) to my standard Czech Telecom landline number while I am there.
I do not have broadband in Czech republic.
Roman


Yes, i understand this.

I am saying if you topup with voipfone.co.uk, put 10 on.......You will
be issued a 05600 number, divert your landline calls to this...Costing
same as standard call on landline (i think) 5.5p for a hour in the
evening / weekend.

Then Divert your 056 number to your number in Czech Republic... voipfone
will charge 2.3p a min.

I'm not sure how much BT charge for a straight divert to Czech Rep...
But this is probably checper
  #6  
Old August 8th 05, 11:11 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
r_mervart
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 41
Default Call diversion to a foreign number


"Sean" wrote in message
...

I am saying if you topup with voipfone.co.uk, put 10 on.......You will
be issued a 05600 number, divert your landline calls to this...Costing
same as standard call on landline (i think) 5.5p for a hour in the
evening / weekend.

Then Divert your 056 number to your number in Czech Republic... voipfone
will charge 2.3p a min.

I'm not sure how much BT charge for a straight divert to Czech Rep...
But this is probably checper


I am on NTL and they charge 20p/min at any time for calls to Czech landline
(40p/min mobile) and so that would be cost to me for the direct divert plus
1.75/month for the divert facility. On my basic tariff NTL charges to me
for UK calls 3/2/1 p/min so adding 2.3p/min. would make it cheaper than
diverting direct.
Thanks
Roman



  #7  
Old August 8th 05, 11:22 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
sean
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 415
Default Call diversion to a foreign number

r_mervart wrote:
"Sean" wrote in message
...


I am saying if you topup with voipfone.co.uk, put 10 on.......You will
be issued a 05600 number, divert your landline calls to this...Costing
same as standard call on landline (i think) 5.5p for a hour in the
evening / weekend.

Then Divert your 056 number to your number in Czech Republic... voipfone
will charge 2.3p a min.

I'm not sure how much BT charge for a straight divert to Czech Rep...
But this is probably checper



I am on NTL and they charge 20p/min at any time for calls to Czech landline
(40p/min mobile) and so that would be cost to me for the direct divert plus
1.75/month for the divert facility. On my basic tariff NTL charges to me
for UK calls 3/2/1 p/min so adding 2.3p/min. would make it cheaper than
diverting direct.
Thanks
Roman




Also, you can buy minutes 4.99 for 500, 9.99 for 1000..etc... So it's
only 1p per min.

Make sure you can dial the 056 numbers from NTL... Email me if you wish
to try my number. (remove NOSPAM)
  #8  
Old August 8th 05, 12:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Mike
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 54
Default Call diversion to a foreign number

r_mervart wrote:
I apologise if the answer to my question is the general knowledge.


try www.voipuser.org
  #9  
Old August 8th 05, 12:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Stefan Kaniuk
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 215
Default Call diversion to a foreign number


"Mike" wrote in message
...
r_mervart wrote:
I apologise if the answer to my question is the general knowledge.


try www.voipuser.org


TRY A REPUTABLE SERVICE SUCH AS VONAGE WHO will still be around in another
10 years


  #10  
Old August 8th 05, 01:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Mathew Curtis
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 182
Default Call diversion to a foreign number


Stefan Kaniuk wrote:
"Mike" wrote in message
...
r_mervart wrote:
I apologise if the answer to my question is the general knowledge.


try www.voipuser.org


TRY A REPUTABLE SERVICE SUCH AS VONAGE WHO will still be around in another
10 years


I spoted this while searching the net for info about vonage

Jeffrey A. Citron the CEO of Vonage was indicted for Securities Fraud
in 2003 http://www.sec.gov/news/press/2003-5.htm

Mat

 




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Foreign-based numbers Teranews uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) 7 June 13th 05 08:33 PM
Can I transfer an existing number to BT Call-Sign? Typo uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) 16 October 25th 04 12:26 PM
Call to 09xx number Tony uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) 12 July 14th 04 08:36 AM
Call abroad for the price of a national call bbp uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) 2 October 24th 03 12:02 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 2.4.0
Copyright 2004-2020 BroadbanterBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.