Recommendations for a USB handset, please?

« S | S »

Old August 8th 05, 03:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
BigBen

Default Recommendations for a USB handset, please?

Hi All,

I'm after a handset that will let me use just about any softphone
without going through my sound card.

Any recommendations, please?

TIA,
BigBen
Old August 8th 05, 03:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"BigBen" wrote in message
Hi All,

I'm after a handset that will let me use just about any softphone
without going through my sound card.

Any recommendations, please?

The Cyberphone K from voipvoice works ok, it's available from Maplins I
believe. The keypad on it will only work with Skype though, unless
someone's updated it.

Ivor

Old August 8th 05, 03:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Big Boy UK :-\)

the vonage softphone works perfectly well

Old August 8th 05, 04:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

"Ivor Jones" wrote in message

"BigBen" wrote in message
Hi All,

I'm after a handset that will let me use just about any softphone
without going through my sound card.

Any recommendations, please?

The Cyberphone K from voipvoice works ok, it's available from Maplins I
believe. The keypad on it will only work with Skype though, unless
someone's updated it.

Ivor

Someone's updated it.

Email xten (I've got the address somewhere) and they will send a link to
download a version of X-lite for use with this phone. works well.

Old August 8th 05, 04:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Steve Loft

Ivor Jones wrote:

The Cyberphone K from voipvoice works ok, it's available from Maplins I
believe. The keypad on it will only work with Skype though, unless
someone's updated it.

X-Lite works with the Cyberphone K keypad, if you email Xten and ask for
a modified version. I believe SJPhone also works with it. The Voipbuster
software definitely doesn't work with the keypad, but of course will
still work through the microphone and speaker.
--
Steve Loft
Old August 8th 05, 05:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
BigBen

On Mon, 8 Aug 2005 15:53:38 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
wrote:

The Cyberphone K from voipvoice works ok, it's available from Maplins I

Thank you!

I looked at the VoipVoice site, and found that their simplest model is
not sold by most retailers ;-)

I could buy from them directly, but with shipping costs that would
bring the price to the what can pay for the Ciberphone K in the stores
around here - which I still think it's too much for just a handset...

As it appears most handsets are just about as expensive, I think I'll
go on using my sound card, and just plug the mic jack into the sound
card, so that I can hear the softphone "ringing" for incoming calls.
(If bnecessary, I can easily adjust the speakers volume to avoid echos
and feedback.).

Cheers,
BigBen
Old August 9th 05, 12:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
PhilÅ

"BigBen" wrote in message
Hi All,

I'm after a handset that will let me use just about any softphone
without going through my sound card.

Any recommendations, please?

TIA,
BigBen