free voip voicemail ?

Old August 9th 05, 08:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Default free voip voicemail ?

Hi,

because I don't have the possibility to set up a asterix server here I'm
looking for a free VOIP service with free voicemail where
I can upload my .wav file to, which should be played when a call reaches
that voicemail. nothing more, nothing less
preferable the account should be reachable under a geografic number or
direct sip access so that I can forward my Snom190
to it.

Who knows such a service??

thanks in advance,

//H

Old August 9th 05, 08:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Steve Loft

[email protected] wrote:

Who knows such a service??

http://www.sipgate.co.uk/

I've been very happy with them.
--
Steve Loft
Old August 9th 05, 09:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
r_mervart

"Steve Loft" wrote in message news:KW7Ke.22456$%
Of course, you're absolutely right, it doesn't take much to make me
happy: 100% reliability at zero cost, that's all it's taken.
--

As I am also interested in the Voicemail can you please be more specific
about the reliability. How long have you had an account? Had you not have a

Old August 9th 05, 09:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
MrLover

wrote in message

www.vonage.co.uk are the winners in my book

Old August 9th 05, 09:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Steve Loft

r_mervart wrote:

As I am also interested in the Voicemail can you please be more specific
about the reliability. How long have you had an account? Had you not have a
single failure including German speaking voices I read about etc?

Not long, to be honest, less than a month. The only "problem" I've had
is the weird mixture of voices (in English) when you call the answering
service. But it's free and it's a geographic number, so it suits my
purposes.

I've had no complaints from anyone unable to contact me (and anyone
calling my number would let me know if they'd had problems), and I've
never been unable to retrieve my voicemail.
--
Steve Loft
Old August 9th 05, 09:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Steve Loft

[email protected] wrote:

very nice that you've been very happy with them, but you cannot upload a
..wav file which is player
when someone reaches the voicemail. this is mainly where I have to use it
for.

Ah, right, sorry. I thought you'd be able to play the .wav down the
phone and record it that way.
--
Steve Loft
Old August 9th 05, 10:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Thomas Rankin

Steve Loft wrote:
[email protected] wrote:

very nice that you've been very happy with them, but you cannot upload
a ..wav file which is player
when someone reaches the voicemail. this is mainly where I have to use
it for.

Ah, right, sorry. I thought you'd be able to play the .wav down the
phone and record it that way.

You mean by dialling 50000 then 0, 1 ?

Strangely iirc I know how to get a rockwell-based modem to play wav
files down a phone line, (if it's one whose firmware allows you to use
the decompress audio command).

Mind you, it only works with PCM unsigned linear iirc. (can't remember
the rate, was getting on for 10 years ago that I last did it).