Reliable Business VOIP Provider

Old August 9th 05, 08:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Anon Y Mous

Default Reliable Business VOIP Provider

Hello,

I'm new to VOIP and I have tried sipgate's service so far. Although they
have been relatively reliable, I'm not too happy with their charging system.

I would much prefer a traditional 'post pay' billing mechanism.
Currently, gradwell, VOIPFone, JustDial and PipeCall are on my
shortlist. I'll be grateful if you could please share your experiences
of these providers. The line will only be used in the evenings after
6PM. I have a Draytek 2600VGi router but I presume that all these
services should work anyway being SIP providers?

Thanks for your help.
Old August 9th 05, 09:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
sean

Anon Y Mous wrote:
Hello,

I'm new to VOIP and I have tried sipgate's service so far. Although they
have been relatively reliable, I'm not too happy with their charging
system.

I would much prefer a traditional 'post pay' billing mechanism.
Currently, gradwell, VOIPFone, JustDial and PipeCall are on my
shortlist. I'll be grateful if you could please share your experiences
of these providers. The line will only be used in the evenings after
6PM. I have a Draytek 2600VGi router but I presume that all these
services should work anyway being SIP providers?

Thanks for your help.

I'm using justdial at the moment, just got and set up the account this
evening.

Works absoluly brilliantly for outgoing calls, but i'm having problems
with imcoming calls with my ATA (PAP2, Linksys)

Old August 9th 05, 09:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
PK

Anon Y Mous wrote on 09 Aug 2005:

Hello,

I'm new to VOIP and I have tried sipgate's service so far. Although
they have been relatively reliable, I'm not too happy with their
charging system.

I would much prefer a traditional 'post pay' billing mechanism.
Currently, gradwell, VOIPFone, JustDial and PipeCall are on my
shortlist. I'll be grateful if you could please share your experiences
of these providers. The line will only be used in the evenings after
6PM. I have a Draytek 2600VGi router but I presume that all these
services should work anyway being SIP providers?

Thanks for your help.

I use Gradwell. The set-up and administration is easy. You can have
any UK geographic code. The Centrex virtual PBX works well with all the
options you would probably want - voicemail, forwarding, etc. I also
use their fax to email service. The call charges are not the most
competitive to more exotic locations - I have rellies in Venezuela for
whom I use Skype!. Gradwell also provide an excellent manual for
setting up your voip adapter. It is based on the Sipura SPA 2000 but
should be applicable to the Draytek.
The VOIPFone site is slick but I could not set up an account and
customer services didn't even reply. The others you mentioned I have no
experience of.
If Vonage had offered the area code I needed I would probably not have
looked further than that, but having found Gradwell, I am happy with the
service.
Hope this helps,
PK
Old August 9th 05, 10:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ian

"Anon Y Mous" [email protected] wrote in message
Hello,

I'm new to VOIP and I have tried sipgate's service so far. Although they
have been relatively reliable, I'm not too happy with their charging

system.

I would much prefer a traditional 'post pay' billing mechanism.
Currently, gradwell, VOIPFone, JustDial and PipeCall are on my
shortlist. I'll be grateful if you could please share your experiences
of these providers. The line will only be used in the evenings after
6PM. I have a Draytek 2600VGi router but I presume that all these
services should work anyway being SIP providers?

Thanks for your help.

Hi
Have a look at voiptalk http://www.voiptalk.org/products/index.php I have
used them for over a year now for all my in/out business calls, They have
been very reliable to date and very cost effective. Personally I us the
Silver package as i make a lot of calls to mobiles.

Ian

Old August 9th 05, 11:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Mike Li

I use voiptalk as well. I have an asterisk box so their iax connectivity is
the service I use.

I couldn't find any other provider (and i have tried a few!!!) with
responsive support and able to do mobile calls at 10p per minute and 5p at
weekends. They told me that they'd port my sipgate numbers as well.

Mike

Old August 10th 05, 10:56 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
GOLDSTAR

"Mike Li" wrote in message

get away from sipgate and their continual falures while you can
you could try vonage superb,flawless service

Old August 10th 05, 11:02 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Mathew Curtis

PK wrote:
[...]

I have been with voipfone a while now and never had a problem i dont
see why you could not set up an account its so simple and there support
is very good and very quick to respond so i dunno why you never got an
answer 10 out of 10 for voipfone as far as i am concerned

Mat

Old August 10th 05, 02:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Anon Y Mous

Thank you to all of you. Given that none of you have used PipeCall, I
think that they can disappear from my list along with JustDial, who I
have read on a forum have poor call quality problems. Vonage seems a bit
expensive for my purposes - I won't call enough to justify 9.99.

I think I've narrowed it down to gradwell or Voipfone. I'm finding it
hard to decide between them, I'm quite prepared to pay a little extra
for reliability. Would either of them be able to port across my existing
sipgate PSTN number?

Thanks again.
Old August 10th 05, 04:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Mathew Curtis

Anon Y Mous wrote:
Thank you to all of you. Given that none of you have used PipeCall, I
think that they can disappear from my list along with JustDial, who I
have read on a forum have poor call quality problems. Vonage seems a bit
expensive for my purposes - I won't call enough to justify 9.99.

I think I've narrowed it down to gradwell or Voipfone. I'm finding it
hard to decide between them, I'm quite prepared to pay a little extra
for reliability. Would either of them be able to port across my existing
sipgate PSTN number?

Thanks again.

I have asked voipfone about this before and they said that they could
as long as sipgate agree i guess you will need to ask them if they will
let you do it

Mat

Old August 10th 05, 05:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
sean

Anon Y Mous wrote:
Thank you to all of you. Given that none of you have used PipeCall, I
think that they can disappear from my list along with JustDial, who I
have read on a forum have poor call quality problems. Vonage seems a bit
expensive for my purposes - I won't call enough to justify 9.99.

I think I've narrowed it down to gradwell or Voipfone. I'm finding it
hard to decide between them, I'm quite prepared to pay a little extra
for reliability. Would either of them be able to port across my existing
sipgate PSTN number?

Thanks again.

JustDial have had excellent call quality for me, made first calls
yesterday, spend a couple of hours on the line... Was great!