Say No to 0870

Old August 9th 05, 10:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
JPG

Default Say No to 0870

As many VOIP providers charge silly amounts for non-geographical
numbers it is useful to know the normal number as well.

www.saynoto0870.com
Old August 9th 05, 10:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

JPG wrote:
As many VOIP providers charge silly amounts for non-geographical
numbers it is useful to know the normal number as well.

www.saynoto0870.com

*Everybody* charges silly rates for 0870 numbers..!

Ivor

Old August 9th 05, 11:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Andrew Gabriel

In article ,
JPG writes:
As many VOIP providers charge silly amounts for non-geographical
numbers it is useful to know the normal number as well.

www.saynoto0870.com

I said to my insurance company that I wouldn't continue using
them unless they gave me a geographic number to use to phone
them. They said they didn't have one, but gave me an 0800 number
instead !

More people should make it clear they won't deal with companies
using 0870 numbers. With just a small amount of momentum, the
effect could very quickly snowball, and we'd see 0870 numbers
disappearing as companies realised they put people off from
doing business with them.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Old August 10th 05, 09:12 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Phil Thompson

On Tue, 09 Aug 2005 22:47:46 +0100, JPG wrote:

www.saynotoO870.com

the site that advertises the provision of 0870 numbers on its home
page - bizarre !

Phil
--
Remember - Global Warming is only a weather forecast :-)
Old August 10th 05, 09:40 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Phil Thompson:
On Tue, 09 Aug 2005 22:47:46 +0100, JPG wrote:

www.saynotoO870.com

the site that advertises the provision of 0870 numbers on its home
page - bizarre !

Phil

Google ads they are not able to block.

Old August 10th 05, 10:55 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
GOLDSTAR

"Phil Thompson" wrote
the site that advertises the provision of 0870 numbers on its home
page - bizarre !

Phil
--

so what---that site is useful, very useful

Old August 11th 05, 12:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Al:
On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 09:40:03 +0100, {{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:

Thus spaketh Phil Thompson:
On Tue, 09 Aug 2005 22:47:46 +0100, JPG wrote:

www.saynotoO870.com

the site that advertises the provision of 0870 numbers on its home
page - bizarre !

Phil

Google ads they are not able to block.

Nonsense. There are plenty of websites that do not have Google ads. My
own websites to not carry Google ads. If they wanted to block them,
they could.

You read my post wrong.

Yes they could block google ads completely - they won't do this as this is
their revenue stream, and why would they block something they are adding to
their site themselves to help pay their costs?

What they can't do is block individual ads, for example they can't block ads
that sell 0870 numbers, and allow other ads through.

For Free 10 credit when you get referred to TalkTalk or 5 when referred to
easyMobile contact me via above site.

Old August 11th 05, 03:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

{{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:
[...]
Yes they could block google ads completely - they won't do this as
this is their revenue stream, and why would they block something
they are adding to their site themselves to help pay their costs?

Is it *really* costing that much to host the site? It may well be that
the ads are making such a mockery of the content of the site that the
revenue doesn't compensate.

What they can't do is block individual ads, for example they can't
block ads that sell 0870 numbers, and allow other ads through.

I believe you may ask Google not to offer particular types of ads that
are inappropriate to your site content.

--
PGP key ID E85DC776 - finger for full key
/:.*posting.google.com.*/HX-Trace:+j
Old August 11th 05, 08:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Phil Thompson

wrote:

Google ads they are not able to block.

but are not obliged to host, looks so stupid I would opt out.

"We are campaigning against X, here are 5 advertisements from
providers of X who can help you get it."

Phil
--
Remember - Global Warming is only a weather forecast :-)