PAP2 settings for common voip companies?

Old August 10th 05, 01:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
7

Default PAP2 settings for common voip companies?

Anyone out there willing to
share PAP2 settings
for common voip companies?

I need settings for
1866.com
voipfone.co.uk
and voipbuster.co.uk

(I've never seen so many undocumented options in the PAP2!)

TIA

Old August 10th 05, 01:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
sean

7 wrote:
Anyone out there willing to
share PAP2 settings
for common voip companies?

I need settings for
1866.com
voipfone.co.uk
and voipbuster.co.uk

(I've never seen so many undocumented options in the PAP2!)

TIA

It's very easy to set this up, with 'real' companies, who want you to
use hardware. 1866.com and voipbuster i dont think do...

But all you need is username, password, inbound and outbound proxy.

for VoIPfone, just put voipfone.co.uk as in and outbound proxy, in the
Line you want, with advanced view on. Then the user and pass....
Old August 10th 05, 01:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
7

Sean wrote:

7 wrote:
Anyone out there willing to
share PAP2 settings
for common voip companies?

I need settings for
1866.com
voipfone.co.uk
and voipbuster.co.uk

(I've never seen so many undocumented options in the PAP2!)

TIA

It's very easy to set this up, with 'real' companies, who want you to
use hardware. 1866.com and voipbuster i dont think do...

But all you need is username, password, inbound and outbound proxy.

for VoIPfone, just put voipfone.co.uk as in and outbound proxy, in the
Line you want, with advanced view on. Then the user and pass....

I did all that copying of settings from other hardware
they have at web site but it still don't want to know.
"Can't connect to login server" it says

Old August 10th 05, 01:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
sean

7 wrote:
Sean wrote:

7 wrote:

Anyone out there willing to
share PAP2 settings
for common voip companies?

I need settings for
1866.com
voipfone.co.uk
and voipbuster.co.uk

(I've never seen so many undocumented options in the PAP2!)

TIA

It's very easy to set this up, with 'real' companies, who want you to
use hardware. 1866.com and voipbuster i dont think do...

But all you need is username, password, inbound and outbound proxy.

for VoIPfone, just put voipfone.co.uk as in and outbound proxy, in the
Line you want, with advanced view on. Then the user and pass....

I did all that copying of settings from other hardware
they have at web site but it still don't want to know.
"Can't connect to login server" it says

What company you trying to set up? You could try reseting the PAP2, then
put setting in again. I've managed to register mine straight away most
of time!
Old August 10th 05, 02:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
7

Sean wrote:

7 wrote:
Sean wrote:

7 wrote:

[...]

Everything was set up after out of the box
Don't know how to force a factory default on it

Line1 settings:
proxy: voipfone.co.uk
use outbound proxy: yes
outbound proxy: nat.voipfone.co.uk:5065
use OB proxy in dialog: yes
register: yes
make call without register: no
register expires: 3600
ans call without register: no
use dns srv: no
dns srv auto prefix: no
proxy fallback intervl: 3600
display name: 3.......
user id: 3.......
passwd: **********
use auth id: no
auth id:
mini certificate:
srtp private key:

Old August 10th 05, 02:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
sean

7 wrote:
Sean wrote:

7 wrote:

Sean wrote:

7 wrote:

[...]

Put outbound as voipfone.co.uk That will prob fix it!

User reset:

Pick up a phone connected **** 877778 # 1

Factory reset:

Pick up a phone connected **** 73738 # 1
Old August 10th 05, 03:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
7

Sean wrote:

7 wrote:
Sean wrote:

7 wrote:

Sean wrote:

7 wrote:

[...]

Sir you have been absolutely brilliant!

For anyone else that want to committ to a FAQ...

PAP2 setup with voipfone.co.uk
------------------------------
1. Factory reset
Pick up a phone connected **** 73738 # 1

2. Go into PAP2 with web browser
3. Click administration login
4. Click Line 1
5. Enter the following:
Proxy: voipfone.co.uk
Register: yes
Make call without reg: no
Register expires: 3600
Ans call without reg: no
Display name: 3....... (your voipfone account)
User ID: 3....... (your voipfone account)
password: ********* (your voipfone password)
Use Auth ID: no
Auth id:
6. Press Save Settings button
7. Done!

NOTE: Doing the factory reset appears to be important
Inputting these values without factory reset did not work.
----------

Big thanks to Steve once again!

VoIP buster does a softphone that works extremely well.
Wonder why they don't support hardware - proprietory protocols?
Anyone that want to share a working PAP2 setting out there?

1866 also used to provide soft phone a few weeks back when i did
all the research. They stopped doing it as far a I can tell now
scanning their web site.
Same question again. Anyone want to share a working PAP2 setting out there?

Having purchased a PAP2, and trying to connect it,
its a bit of a surprise seeing high tech VoIP companies
taking foggy management decisions to support x and not y, j but not k, etc..
and operating even more foggier web sites.
All random and unpredictable, and strategy for losers
driving away customers.
You would think the techies were in charge trying
to grab market share selling features and compatibility.
I think its companies with straighforward and simple policies that
are going to retain customers at the end of the day.

Old August 10th 05, 03:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
sean

7 wrote:
Sean wrote:

7 wrote:

Sean wrote:

7 wrote:

Sean wrote:

7 wrote:

[...]

You mean Sean?

[...]

I've not had to many probs with my PAP2, just cant get incoming calls
working with justdialvoip.

I may put together a webpage with pap2 information.
Old August 10th 05, 03:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
7

sean wrote:

7 wrote:
Sean wrote:

7 wrote:

Sean wrote:

7 wrote:

Sean wrote:

7 wrote:

[...]

Sorry yes BIG thanks to Sean!!

Old August 10th 05, 04:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
7

sean wrote:

7 wrote:
Sean wrote:

7 wrote:

Sean wrote:

7 wrote:

Sean wrote:

7 wrote:

[...]

Here is more information to add

For you further information I also got the second line working on PAP2
with sipphone as follows:

PAP2 setup with sipphone.com
----------------------------
SIP Port: 5060
proxy: proxy01.sipphone.com
register: yes
make call without reg: no
register expires: 3900
Ans call without reg: no
Display name: 1.... * *(your sipphone telephone number)
User ID: 1.... * * *(your sipphone telephone number)
password: ********** * * *(your sipphone password)
use auth id: no
auth id:

Done!