Presenting VOIP as an ISDN/BRI trunk

Old August 10th 05, 03:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
[email protected]_spam.co.uk

Default Presenting VOIP as an ISDN/BRI trunk

I'm trying to identify a hardware device that will allow me to present a
VoIP service as and ISDN/BRI trunk. I know there are many analogue
equivalents, but I'm aiming to connect our office switch to a VoIP provider,
but only have the options of PRI and BRI trunks.

Anyone got any ideas?
Old August 10th 05, 04:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

wrote in message
I'm trying to identify a hardware device that will allow me to present a
VoIP service as and ISDN/BRI trunk. I know there are many analogue
equivalents, but I'm aiming to connect our office switch to a VoIP
provider,
but only have the options of PRI and BRI trunks.

Anyone got any ideas?

I've used a Sipura SPA3000 connected to an analogue extension. I would dial
the extension number of the SPA and be presented with a VOIP dial tone.

Old August 10th 05, 04:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

Jono wrote:
wrote in message
I'm trying to identify a hardware device that will allow me to
present a VoIP service as and ISDN/BRI trunk. I know there are
many analogue equivalents, but I'm aiming to connect our office
switch to a VoIP provider,
but only have the options of PRI and BRI trunks.

Anyone got any ideas?

I've used a Sipura SPA3000 connected to an analogue extension. I
would dial the extension number of the SPA and be presented with a
VOIP dial tone.

The Fritz!Box Fon from AVM has an ISDN port, you can connect it to the
analogue exchange line ports of a PABX and do it that way perhaps..? I
don't know, I've never used ISDN but it's in the blurb for the device, see
www.avm.de/en

Ivor

Old August 10th 05, 06:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ian

wrote in message
I'm trying to identify a hardware device that will allow me to present a
VoIP service as and ISDN/BRI trunk. I know there are many analogue
equivalents, but I'm aiming to connect our office switch to a VoIP

provider,
but only have the options of PRI and BRI trunks.

Anyone got any ideas?

Hi

Vegastream do business grade ones , But be prepaired for a shock as to cost.
they have 2 types avalible one with 4 BRI and one 4 BRI + 4
If its one or 2 BRI you need have a look at AVM boxes.

Ian