voipfone and 0800

Old August 10th 05, 10:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Tim Jenkins

Default voipfone and 0800

Hi,

Has anyone had problems dialling 0800 numbers on voipfone.co.uk ? I can get
connected no problems to an 0800 number, but after about 50 seconds the call
stops and changes to engaged tone. (Im using a Cisco ATA 186).

Try dialling 0800 500 005 (BT news line).

Cheers,

Tim.

Old August 11th 05, 01:10 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Mathew Curtis

Tim Jenkins wrote:
Hi,

Has anyone had problems dialling 0800 numbers on voipfone.co.uk ? I can get
connected no problems to an 0800 number, but after about 50 seconds the call
stops and changes to engaged tone. (Im using a Cisco ATA 186).

Try dialling 0800 500 005 (BT news line).

Cheers,

Tim.

Just tried myself tim was on the phone for 3 minutes worked ok for me
may be its somthing to do with you ata settings droping the call if it
detects no voice from you although i am just guessing :-)

Mat