vonage, the end of telphones as you know it.

Old August 11th 05, 07:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
AD C

Default vonage, the end of telphones as you know it.

That is the banner I have just seen, what a load of rubbish. Ok, so BT
is going to use VOIP on the new system, but no one will know about it.
companies like vonage will have a small market, they talk a load of
crap.

Most people in this country will still use the BT style line for years
to come, unless they got cable and they may use the cable phone.
Old August 11th 05, 10:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Nick

"Ad C" wrote in message
k...
That is the banner I have just seen, what a load of rubbish. Ok, so BT
is going to use VOIP on the new system, but no one will know about it.
companies like vonage will have a small market, they talk a load of
crap.

Most people in this country will still use the BT style line for years
to come, unless they got cable and they may use the cable phone.

"unless they got cable and they may use the cable phone"

Although the grammar is not perfect, I'm assuming that "Ad C" is an
expert on telecommunication matters, and therefore might like to enlighten
those not so knowledgeable what the difference is between a BT and
Cable telephone?

Old August 11th 05, 10:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Nick" wrote in message

"Ad C" wrote in message
k...
That is the banner I have just seen, what a load of
rubbish. Ok, so BT is going to use VOIP on the new
system, but no one will know about it. companies like
vonage will have a small market, they talk a load of
crap.

Most people in this country will still use the BT style
line for years to come, unless they got cable and they
may use the cable phone.

"unless they got cable and they may use the cable phone"

Although the grammar is not perfect, I'm assuming that
"Ad C" is an expert on telecommunication matters, and
therefore might like to enlighten those not so
knowledgeable what the difference is between a BT and
Cable telephone?

That's easy - a phone from a cable provider doesn't require a BT line..!
If you have broadband via cable you don't need a phone from them either
and so can use VoIP with no BT or cable phone at all.

Ivor

Ivor

Old August 12th 05, 09:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Peter Andrews

"Nick" wrote in message

"Ad C" wrote in message
k...
That is the banner I have just seen, what a load of rubbish. Ok, so BT
is going to use VOIP on the new system, but no one will know about it.
companies like vonage will have a small market, they talk a load of
crap.

Most people in this country will still use the BT style line for years
to come, unless they got cable and they may use the cable phone.

"unless they got cable and they may use the cable phone"

Although the grammar is not perfect, I'm assuming that "Ad C" is an
expert on telecommunication matters, and therefore might like to enlighten
those not so knowledgeable what the difference is between a BT and
Cable telephone?

For the domestic customer the only difference between BT and cable in most
cases, is that the 'wire pair' goes all the way back to the BT exchange,
whereas in the case of cable the 'wire pair' goes to a multiplexor in a
street cabinet, typically 200m, from there the connection goes onto a fibre
ring, and enters the cable operators telephone switch on a 2Mb/s connection.
This is why BT use ADSL for broadband and the cable companies distribute
their broadband over their TV network.

Peter

Old August 14th 05, 10:35 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Paul Westwell

All telephony will eventually be VOIP

Market share will be determined by the usual value for money, support,
availability etc. I do not understand why you say Vonage will have a small
market and talk crap, unless you are aware of something the you have yet to
enlighten us all on?

Regards,

Paul

k...

Old August 14th 05, 11:45 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

"Paul Westwell" wrote in message
news:[email protected]

FACT--Vonage are simply the best voip provider around and i do believe they
will become the dominant force in the uk market

Old August 14th 05, 12:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

wrote in message

agreed dex, although if youre reducing your business phone bills from over
600 quid a month down to just 18.99 a month all in its a fantastic service,
btw what do you think of vonages's call divert and voicemail facility, also
have you tried the multi ring function yet????