A Broadband and ADSL forum. BroadbanterBanter

Welcome to BroadbanterBanter.

You are currently viewing as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today.

Go Back   Home » BroadbanterBanter forum » Newsgroup Discussions » uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP)
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) (uk.telecom.voip) Discussion of topics relevant to packet based voice technologies including Voice over IP (VoIP), Fax over IP (FoIP), Voice over Frame Relay (VoFR), Voice over Broadband (VoB) and Voice on the Net (VoN) as well as service providers, hardware and software for use with these technologies. Advertising is not allowed.

Sipgate and DTFM (Voicemail etc)



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old August 14th 05, 10:52 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Steve
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 7
Default Sipgate and DTFM (Voicemail etc)

Hi all,

I am very new to VOIP so please bear with me :-) I have opened an
account with Sipgate to test VOIP and am using the account with an
analogue telephone adapter from Solwise, http://www.solwise.co.uk, a
300ATA model.

Everything works fone for incoming and outging calls but I have a
problem using their voicemail and other menu systems as when I press
any keys to send tones to the menu it is ignored. ie. "press 1 for new
messages". i have googled and have seen that sipgate have had problems
with this in the past but was unsure as to if this is fixed now. I
also noticed that some ATA's seem to let you change the DTFP protocol
as different providers expect different settings?? I've had a look in
my ATA manual and also at the web interface but see nothing about
this. has anyone got one of these ATA's and got it working with DTFM
tones or can anyone advise what it may be that is causing the problem?
With regard to VOIP services can anyone recommend a service that has
cheap calls to mobiles? I notice Sipgate actually charge more than my
land line provider, Kingston Communucations. Also do any other
providers offer a free geographical number?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Steve.


  #2  
Old August 14th 05, 01:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Chris Blunt
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 104
Default Sipgate and DTFM (Voicemail etc)

On Sun, 14 Aug 2005 10:52:09 +0100, Steve
wrote:

Hi all,

I am very new to VOIP so please bear with me :-) I have opened an
account with Sipgate to test VOIP and am using the account with an
analogue telephone adapter from Solwise, http://www.solwise.co.uk, a
300ATA model.

Everything works fone for incoming and outging calls but I have a
problem using their voicemail and other menu systems as when I press
any keys to send tones to the menu it is ignored. ie. "press 1 for new
messages". i have googled and have seen that sipgate have had problems
with this in the past but was unsure as to if this is fixed now. I
also noticed that some ATA's seem to let you change the DTFP protocol
as different providers expect different settings?? I've had a look in
my ATA manual and also at the web interface but see nothing about
this. has anyone got one of these ATA's and got it working with DTFM
tones or can anyone advise what it may be that is causing the problem?


I've been having similar problems to you, and have been able to only
partially resolve it.

I'm using a Grandstream HandyTone-486 ATA, which has three options for
sending DTMF tones. "in-audio" is the one to avoid I believe as it
just forwards the tones across the audio path but these are liable to
get distorted during transmission.

The option I had been using up until recently is "SIP INFO", which
works fine with Sipgate's voicemail system. However, I discovered a
few days ago that that option doesn't work with my bank's phonebanking
service. I then changed the setting to "RTP (RFC2833)", and although
that worked with my phonebanking, it stopped working with Sipgate
voicemail. I'm now in a position where I have to flip between the two
setting depending on which service I want to use.

Chris
  #3  
Old August 14th 05, 02:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Alex
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3
Default Sipgate and DTFM (Voicemail etc)


"Steve" wrote in message
...
Hi all,

I am very new to VOIP so please bear with me :-) I have opened an
account with Sipgate to test VOIP and am using the account with an
analogue telephone adapter from Solwise, http://www.solwise.co.uk, a
300ATA model.

Everything works fone for incoming and outging calls but I have a
problem using their voicemail and other menu systems as when I press
any keys to send tones to the menu it is ignored. ie. "press 1 for new
messages". i have googled and have seen that sipgate have had problems
with this in the past but was unsure as to if this is fixed now. I
also noticed that some ATA's seem to let you change the DTFP protocol
as different providers expect different settings?? I've had a look in
my ATA manual and also at the web interface but see nothing about
this. has anyone got one of these ATA's and got it working with DTFM
tones or can anyone advise what it may be that is causing the problem?
With regard to VOIP services can anyone recommend a service that has
cheap calls to mobiles? I notice Sipgate actually charge more than my
land line provider, Kingston Communucations. Also do any other
providers offer a free geographical number?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Steve.


Sipgate is a good service to test out VOIP, ignore what some other posters
say, although the service is *sometimes* a bit flaky it will give you a good
impression of what VOIP is like, and with the free landline number and no
rental you can't complain.
With regard to the DTMF tones, using the SIP-INFO method is what is
recommended- its what my ATA has to be set to to work properly... I did have
it set on 'in-audio' but after doing some research on the net after having
similar problems to you, I found that using SIP-INFO was the answer.

Have fun
Alex


  #4  
Old August 14th 05, 03:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3,969
Default Sipgate and DTFM (Voicemail etc)



"Steve" wrote in message

Hi all,

I am very new to VOIP so please bear with me :-) I have
opened an account with Sipgate to test VOIP and am using
the account with an analogue telephone adapter from
Solwise, http://www.solwise.co.uk, a 300ATA model.

Everything works fone for incoming and outging calls but
I have a problem using their voicemail and other menu
systems as when I press any keys to send tones to the
menu it is ignored. ie. "press 1 for new messages". i
have googled and have seen that sipgate have had problems
with this in the past but was unsure as to if this is
fixed now. I also noticed that some ATA's seem to let you
change the DTFP protocol as different providers expect
different settings?? I've had a look in my ATA manual and
also at the web interface but see nothing about this. has
anyone got one of these ATA's and got it working with
DTFM tones or can anyone advise what it may be that is
causing the problem? With regard to VOIP services can
anyone recommend a service that has cheap calls to
mobiles? I notice Sipgate actually charge more than my
land line provider, Kingston Communucations. Also do any
other providers offer a free geographical number?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Steve.


Look for a setting called "DTMF TX method" or something similar. It needs
to be "SIP" or "SIP INFO" or similar for tones to work on voicemail and
similar systems. Do not select "AUTO" if this is an option as it won't
work.

Hope this helps.

Ivor


  #5  
Old August 14th 05, 03:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3,969
Default Sipgate and DTFM (Voicemail etc)



"Chris Blunt" wrote in message
news
[snip]

The option I had been using up until recently is "SIP
INFO", which works fine with Sipgate's voicemail system.
However, I discovered a few days ago that that option
doesn't work with my bank's phonebanking service. I then
changed the setting to "RTP (RFC2833)", and although that
worked with my phonebanking, it stopped working with
Sipgate voicemail. I'm now in a position where I have to
flip between the two setting depending on which service I
want to use.

Chris


Unusual. SIP INFO has worked with every ststem I've tried it with,
including my bank's system. What bank is it..?

Ivor


  #6  
Old August 14th 05, 04:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default Sipgate and DTFM (Voicemail etc)


"Ivor Jones" wrote in message
...



back from Germany eh Ivor


  #7  
Old August 14th 05, 05:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Steve
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 7
Default Sipgate and DTFM (Voicemail etc)

On Sun, 14 Aug 2005 15:44:41 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
wrote:

Steve.


Look for a setting called "DTMF TX method" or something similar. It needs
to be "SIP" or "SIP INFO" or similar for tones to work on voicemail and
similar systems. Do not select "AUTO" if this is an option as it won't
work.

Hope this helps.

Ivor


Hi again,

I've had a good look but don't seem to have any settings for DTMF.
I only have settings for STUN, SIP port, Media base port, codec
preference G711U, G711A , G729A and ring tones / dial tones. Looks
like my ATA might be a bit poor. I'll email Solwise.

Thanks
Steve
  #8  
Old August 15th 05, 02:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Chris Blunt
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 104
Default Sipgate and DTFM (Voicemail etc)

On Sun, 14 Aug 2005 15:46:05 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
wrote:



"Chris Blunt" wrote in message
news
[snip]

The option I had been using up until recently is "SIP
INFO", which works fine with Sipgate's voicemail system.
However, I discovered a few days ago that that option
doesn't work with my bank's phonebanking service. I then
changed the setting to "RTP (RFC2833)", and although that
worked with my phonebanking, it stopped working with
Sipgate voicemail. I'm now in a position where I have to
flip between the two setting depending on which service I
want to use.

Chris


Unusual. SIP INFO has worked with every ststem I've tried it with,
including my bank's system. What bank is it..?


HSBC in Jersey (01534 616000). I've just tried again with it set to
SIP INFO and confirmed it definitely doesn't work from here. Sometimes
the digits just don't get recognised, at other times the call just
hangs up. It does work fine when set to RTP. Its odd, because a couple
of other companies I've called do respond with it set to SIP INFO.

Chris
 




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
free voip voicemail ? [email protected] uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) 52 August 11th 05 04:26 PM
Sipgate Voicemail is CRAP Neil uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) 42 August 8th 05 10:39 PM
Sipgate Voicemail not working for me? James Fisher uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) 6 July 4th 05 08:30 PM
sipgate - voicemail - questions [email protected] uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) 5 May 18th 05 06:16 PM
Sipgate Voicemail Gareth :-\\\) voom uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) 4 April 1st 05 09:45 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 2.4.0
Copyright 2004-2020 BroadbanterBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.