Anyone had this Odd SIPGATE error

Old August 15th 05, 11:00 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
RH

Default Anyone had this Odd SIPGATE error

This is very odd, wondering if anyone else has had this.

All of this morning at various times my mobile phone has been ringing with a
silent caller
finally got ****ed off and rang the number back, Somewhat shocked when my
IP-TALK 203
phone started to ring.

I know it is not the phone, it has no record of my my mobile number and I
was updating firmware when the problem happened.

Went online to my sipgate page and found one mystery call made to my mobile
but not the other 5 or 6..

Very spooky

Old August 15th 05, 12:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
RH

Went online to my sipgate page and found one mystery call made to my
mobile
but not the other 5 or 6..

Very spooky

Expect ANYTHING if Sipgate is involved in any way .

Fair play to Sipgate, support did come back via email in less than a hour.
Could not explain it but they did come back

Old August 15th 05, 02:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Chris Blunt

On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 12:07:48 +0100, "RH"
wrote:

Went online to my sipgate page and found one mystery call made to my
mobile
but not the other 5 or 6..

Very spooky

Expect ANYTHING if Sipgate is involved in any way .

Fair play to Sipgate, support did come back via email in less than a hour.
Could not explain it but they did come back

Its strange they could not explain it. You would have thought they
could easily have determined what initiated that call on their
records.

Chris
Old August 15th 05, 02:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Joe Harrison

I've been confused by looking at Sipgate's web page showing your "most
recent calls", if you click on a phone number shown in the list then a
javascript runs and starts actually to dial the number. Your IP phone rings
as well. I don't understand what this is for but it really threw me at
first. Are you sure it wasn't this?

Old August 15th 05, 02:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Chris Blunt

On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 13:46:29 GMT, "Joe Harrison"
wrote:

I've been confused by looking at Sipgate's web page showing your "most
recent calls", if you click on a phone number shown in the list then a
javascript runs and starts actually to dial the number. Your IP phone rings
as well. I don't understand what this is for but it really threw me at
first. Are you sure it wasn't this?

That's a "feature" of Sipgate. You can also initiate a call by
clicking on a number recorded under your account on their web page. It
first rings your phone and after you answer it calls the number you
selected. I don't find it particularly useful. Perhaps its for numeric
dyslexics who find it difficult to manually dial phone numbers
correctly.

Chris
Old August 15th 05, 05:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
RH

"Joe Harrison" wrote in message
I've been confused by looking at Sipgate's web page showing your "most
recent calls", if you click on a phone number shown in the list then a
javascript runs and starts actually to dial the number. Your IP phone
rings
as well. I don't understand what this is for but it really threw me at
first. Are you sure it wasn't this?

Nope was not this, unless someone was logged in from a different location
calls started at 9.02 and finished about 10.30 ish.. All rather odd

Old August 15th 05, 06:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ian

wrote:

Went online to my sipgate page and found one mystery call made to my
mobile
but not the other 5 or 6..

Very spooky

Expect ANYTHING if Sipgate is involved in any way .

Fair play to Sipgate, support did come back via email in less than a

hour.
Could not explain it but they did come back

Its strange they could not explain it. You would have thought they
could easily have determined what initiated that call on their
records.

I would have hoped so. if not how do they bill people ?

I think it sounds like there normal automated response, "Yep we have a
problem but dont know what it is"

Again it shows a lack of interest or a lack of knowledge about the equpment
they are using.

Ian

Old August 15th 05, 07:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Roger

Nope was not this, unless someone was logged in from a different location
calls started at 9.02 and finished about 10.30 ish.. All rather odd

I've had this when they've been having problems and calls dont connect -
suddenly after about half an hour my phone will ring and when I pick it up
there's nothing there. When I look at the website it says its my home number
or mobile calling i.e. it seems to have 'stored' the calls I made to check
if incoming was down as well as outgoing and when things get back up
connects the call for some reason.

Old August 16th 05, 04:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"RH" wrote in message

Went online to my sipgate page and found one mystery
call made to my mobile
but not the other 5 or 6..

Very spooky

Expect ANYTHING if Sipgate is involved in any way .

Fair play to Sipgate, support did come back via email in
less than a hour. Could not explain it but they did come
back

It does seem strange. I don't know the phone you refer to, is it a
standalone phone or an ATA..? If the latter what is the FXS port impedance
set to..? That could make a difference, the default is often the US
setting. Feel free to email me if you want to do any tests.

Ivor